LED Hi/Lo Beam Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LED chips should be facing left and right, NOT up and down, and certainly not at an angle.
I was able to take them out and they had two set screws along with premarked screw holes that allowed me to rotate the bulb in 1/8 increments. Lined them up side to side and sure enough it works great. Thanks for the advice!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure did it on my wife’s 2012 Outback. I changed all the bulbs to LEDs and one day had all kinds of light come on. After digging through a Subaru Outback forum I found other outback owners had the same problem. Went back to stock and never had an issue again.
far as im aware supposedly a resistor of unknown rating will solve that problem

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Weird thing is my check engine light came on, then the stabilitrak and traction control error went away and then a day later the check engine light went off.

Did you check the code for the check engine light?

The truck will automatically deactivate the TC/Stabilitrac when it detects a misfire to rule out those systems as a possible cause.

OP
OP
A

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The truck will automatically deactivate the TC/Stabilitrac when it detects a misfire to rule out those systems as a possible cause.
I have not checked it yet. I hope there is not an issue. It’s a 2012 with 49k miles and in like new condition. I’ll look online and finally order me one of those fancy obd readers.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have not checked it yet. I hope there is not an issue. It’s a 2012 with 49k miles and in like new condition. I’ll look online and finally order me one of those fancy obd readers.

You can get a Tech2 clone for about $250-$300.

They are a lot more pricey than a simple obd2 reader but there is no comparison in functionality.

OP
OP
A

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So it turns out when I was putting the air box assembly back in I forgot to plug the sensor that connects to the intake duct. Plugged it back in and cleared the codes. No more problems.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a really helpful comment for me. I was having a random misfire code popping up along with the TC/Stabilitrak message on my '07. Replaced the steering position sensor and it didn't fix the problem. I tested the fuel pressure and it was way over spec on the high side, indicating a likely fuel pressure regulator (pump) problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep