Lease Takeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocaytomas

Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying to sell my lease to buy an ESKY, I was tired of looking at them and seeing all that was bad with the Tahoe good. IE leather quality, sound, Engine power, Chrome, Captain chairs, Bigger nav, ETC.

Also I like the exterior MUCH better, and those 22's are amazing

but right now I'm stuck to the lease, does anyone know what the process is like? and If someone is interested PM.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's gmac it's easy.. post up how much the payments are and how many months/mileage is left on the terms. I did it with an SRX and a friend picked it up for i believe $395 or so? you can have the paperwork sent to a prospective buyer and they fill it out and send it back for approval, it's that simple. Good luck.

Another alternative is to turn it in early.. the full size market is at a premium right now. You can give GMAC a call and their lease department will tell you what the early buyout is.. It can save you multiple payments if the mileage is low. can't hurt to call? And i would post the lease up on any forums you belong to, it'll go.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you turn it back in do you have to return it to stock or will a new lessee have to return it to stock at end of lease?

OP
OP
bocaytomas

bocaytomas

Reaction score
TonyGXP, thanks for your response, I will definitely give GMAC a call, and see what they offer, I'm gonna buy a used Escalade from a dealer or someone, so I'll have to investigate. and YES its a GMAC lease

OP
OP
bocaytomas

bocaytomas

Reaction score
You can trade in a lease? meaning they will buy it? even if it has like 2 years left?

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they will buy the lease from you but more than likely you will be upside down and will end up paying a bit more because of the negative that you owe.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
yes they will buy the lease from you but more than likely you will be upside down and will end up paying a bit more because of the negative that you owe.

+1 I did that with my truck I traded in for the Denali. I waited until I had about 6 months left and ended up owing around $800. The odd thing is when the dealership sold the truck at the auction GMAC sent me a check for the amount I owed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman