Need GM part#s for Black rear tailgate applique & rear bumper fascia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerlyb

Reaction score
Ordered below trim pieces #4 and #8 online using VIN# for RST....wanting gloss black pieces. Only colors listed for a RST on all the GM part websites was Black Ice chrome, Nightrider chrome, Galvano Silver, & Exterior Bright.

Ordered Black Ice chrome, part #s 84371057 84742603, thinking this was same as gloss black. I was wrong....it came out to be more like the GMC Vader Chrome. Can't return parts.

Doubt it's Nightrider chrome and definitely not Galvano Silver. Wonder if Exterior Bright is the same as gloss black???

Anyone know correct part#s I'm looking for???Screenshot_20240128-112726_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240128-112530_Chrome.jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered below trim pieces #4 and #8 online using VIN# for RST....wanting gloss black pieces. Only colors listed for a RST on all the GM part websites was Black Ice chrome, Nightrider chrome, Galvano Silver, & Exterior Bright.

Ordered Black Ice chrome, part #s 84371057 84742603, thinking this was same as gloss black. I was wrong....it came out to be more like the GMC Vader Chrome. Can't return parts.

Doubt it's Nightrider chrome and definitely not Galvano Silver. Wonder if Exterior Bright is the same as gloss black???

Anyone know correct part#s I'm looking for???View attachment 420057View attachment 420058
Maybe find an rst in the wild or on a lot with black trim and use that vin.

OP
OP
K

kerlyb

Reaction score
Maybe find an rst in the wild or on a lot with black trim and use that vin.
Already tried that using 2 other RST VINs and also multiple GM part websites. Same results...either Black Ice chrome, Nightrider chrome, Galvano Silver, or Exterior Bright.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try walking into or calling a local Chevy dealer and ask which one is the color you are looking for. If you have an RST VIN to give them, they will get you the correct P/N

OP
OP
K

kerlyb

Reaction score
The more I look at other pics of RSTs online, the more I wonder if Black Ice is the correct color on these 2 trim pieces.

Anyone with a RST confirm if above trim pieces #4 and #8 are Black Ice on their SUVs???

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No RST here but pretty positive those pieces as well as the front grill strip are black ice. Looks like a shiny grey almost.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for gloss black pieces, then I'm 99% sure you're looking for "black" and NOT "black ice." If you're just looking to know what they call the trim that's standard on the RST, I have no idea. But gloss black trim pieces should be labeled as "black."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar