Transport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebull12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned my 2010 Yukon for 2 weeks now, but I can't find a reputable transport to get the Yukon home. They just keep giving me the runaround, saying they have to find a driver, and when they do, the driver wants another $1100 to pick it up!! Should I just get a flight to Salt Lake City, and pick it up myself? I'm 73, and didn't want to drive the 500 miles. I thought it would be easy to find someone to transport it, but I found out different.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned my 2010 Yukon for 2 weeks now, but I can't find a reputable transport to get the Yukon home. They just keep giving me the runaround, saying they have to find a driver, and when they do, the driver wants another $1100 to pick it up!! Should I just get a flight to Salt Lake City, and pick it up myself? I'm 73, and didn't want to drive the 500 miles. I thought it would be easy to find someone to transport it, but I found out different.
ya fly in grab it take a slow cruise home, I drove mine home 522 miles, left at 10pm at night drove until I couldn't anymore slept in a mcdonalds parking lot, drove it the rest way home the next morning. I might suggest better timing for the drive though

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 miles, @ 50MpH, 10hr (pessimistic estimate - I CAN'T Drive ... 55MpH!)
My back is having a bad month, so I might need to stop every 2hr to walk around and limber up,
but I am DAMN SURE I can cover 500 miles in 16hrs, no problem (again, that's more pessimism).
Just be sure that your roadside assistance policy can handle it if Murphy decides to hitch a ride.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yes, fly to get it. When I went online to get a price to get my 09 Eski from Dallas to SoCal, the calls I got were slimy. Some were, “I know a guy” and others were full up front saying “we’ll deliver it when we get a guy going out there”.

I took a breath and realized that I had airline and hotel miles from over a decade ago. Flew 1st class to DFW, checked the into a 4 star Hilton w/ breakfast included and got to the dealership @ 10am the following morning.

They pussyfooted around for 2 hours and found no functional Navi so I was at a Caddy dealer trying to get it fixed. No luck. Left at 2:30 on day 1 and arrived at 2nd 4 star hotel at 10pm day 2. Slept like a baby and left @ 9am.

Day 3 drove to El Paso and arrived 10pm. Just like now, it’s springtime so the desert was in full bloom. Insanely beautiful and driving a 6.2L AWD in occasional rain w/ heated & cooled seats was pure driving pleasure.

Split the drive up if you want. I did 800 mi from El Paso to San Clemente, CA in one day or about 12 hours. With cell phone technology you’ll have everything you need and feel refreshed after you get back. You get a Denali?

Know how to pair and remove paired phones (if full and won’t pair) from the BT system on page 4-111 & 4-112 of the manual. Here: https://www.gmc.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides?compIndex=1&year=2010&make=GMC&model=Yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
02YUKaczON100k24