Knock knock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Kendrick, with the engine idling, get yourself a long extension, screwdriver or mechanics stethoscope and touch various parts of the engine, block, heads, accessories like alternator until you pinpoint the noise. A loose torque converter bolt will sound like the engine is about to blow.

Will do... I also noticed oil leaking near #7, but when we pulled the plug it was dry.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a short rubber hose connection above #7 for the built into the valve cover pvc system. Mine was cracked and leaking. More importantly there is a new improved valve cover that stops oil consumption thru the pvc system.

Reaction score
There is a short rubber hose connection above #7 for the built into the valve cover pvc system. Mine was cracked and leaking. More importantly there is a new improved valve cover that stops oil consumption thru the pvc system.

I'll look into that, thank you

OP
OP
M

Mark1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Op here, it's been a while but finally got time to dig a little bit and found the 5th rocker on the passenger side of the engine isn't moving at all... I saw the video of the guy who knocks the lifter loose and I'm considering doing that or just opening it up and replacing them all together I'm just afraid it will happen again. Also I'll be fixing the horrible oil leak that caused this to begin with.. my question is, is there any way to check if the cam has been damaged from this considering it's a seized lifter?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Open it up and remove the rocker and see if the push rod is bent. To see the camshaft lobe you would have to remove intake and remove the lifter to look but you can also send out an oil sample for inspection. I have seen a company for that mentioned here a few times. You can also drain the oil and look at it and I have a magnetic oil drain plug to allow me to see that when I change the oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz