Knock Sensor Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spade77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, all. This is my first post on this forum, and I've made use of the search function, but I wanted to get some input if I could.

I recently purchased a 2006 Tahoe PPV with the Flex Fuel 5.3 V8. It's in amazing condition for its age, under 150,000 miles, and used to be a Richland County, SC Sheriff's Department unit (so it probably was on Live PD or On Patrol: Live at some point).

Anyway, it recently had the CEL come on. I hooked my code reader up, and got code showed P0332, which of course is Knock Sensor 2 low input (Bank 2). Normally, I'd just go ahead and replace the knock sensors. However, since this is a former police vehicle, I was able to get the maintenance history through a FOIA request with the Richland County Sheriff's Department. It had just had the knock sensors replaced about a year and a half ago.

And from what I've seen throughout looking at the rest of the vehicle and the maintenance history, they generally used the cheapest aftermarket parts available. That said, before I go through the rather laborious process of replacing the knock sensors and related wiring harness, should I be looking for anything else that could throw this code? Or do you all think swapping out the knock sensors and harness would solve this issue? Any help the community can share would be greatly appreciated!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... It had just had the knock sensors replaced about a year and a half ago.
From what I've seen throughout looking at the rest of the vehicle and the maintenance history, they generally used the cheapest aftermarket parts available.
That said, before I go through the rather laborious process of replacing the knock sensors and related wiring harness,
should I be looking for anything else that could throw this code?
Or do you all think swapping out the knock sensors and harness would solve this issue?
Maybe it's the sensor, or maybe not.
Maybe it's the wiring harness? What else could it be?
Sure, it's possible that swapping out the knock sensors and harness could solve this.
But if you're gonna take the manifold off to address those, why not look for other stuff?
And while the manifold is off, address the oil pressure sender, among other things ...

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Hello, all. This is my first post on this forum, and I've made use of the search function, but I wanted to get some input if I could.

I recently purchased a 2006 Tahoe PPV with the Flex Fuel 5.3 V8. It's in amazing condition for its age, under 150,000 miles, and used to be a Richland County, SC Sheriff's Department unit (so it probably was on Live PD or On Patrol: Live at some point).

Anyway, it recently had the CEL come on. I hooked my code reader up, and got code showed P0332, which of course is Knock Sensor 2 low input (Bank 2). Normally, I'd just go ahead and replace the knock sensors. However, since this is a former police vehicle, I was able to get the maintenance history through a FOIA request with the Richland County Sheriff's Department. It had just had the knock sensors replaced about a year and a half ago.

And from what I've seen throughout looking at the rest of the vehicle and the maintenance history, they generally used the cheapest aftermarket parts available. That said, before I go through the rather laborious process of replacing the knock sensors and related wiring harness, should I be looking for anything else that could throw this code? Or do you all think swapping out the knock sensors and harness would solve this issue? Any help the community can share would be greatly appreciated!
Put them on outside of engine one on front of passenger head , the other drivers head side half way. Solved forever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts