Knock sensor P0328

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I am new to site. I recently purchased 2013 Denali XL with 6.2L. It has been hesitating (basically running like crap when at 1500rpm or less). It threw P0101 and P0328 codes. I cleaned the mass airflow and the throttle body. It ran great for a day then the P0328 came back and with the same symptoms. So I replaced the bank one knock sensor, cleared the code. Took it for a spin and all was good. The next morning I used the remote start and it did start but shut off and P0328 reappeared. Any help appreciated.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I am new to site. I recently purchased 2013 Denali XL with 6.2L. It has been hesitating (basically running like crap when at 1500rpm or less). It threw P0101 and P0328 codes. I cleaned the mass airflow and the throttle body. It ran great for a day then the P0328 came back and with the same symptoms. So I replaced the bank one knock sensor, cleared the code. Took it for a spin and all was good. The next morning I used the remote start and it did start but shut off and P0328 reappeared. Any help appreciated.
Two questions: Did you use an OEM GM sensor? And did you replace the connector at the same time?

OP
OP
J

jetson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I used a Carquest sensor and did not change the connector.

OP
OP
J

jetson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a bit of discussion on oem or not?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Yes, there are issues with aftermarket parts on these trucks. Some aftermarket replacements work well, but others don't. Sensors seem to be an item where OEM parts are strongly recommended.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so oem are you referring to AC Delco and Delphi?
AC Delco from a reputable supplier like Rock Auto or your local GM dealer, and *NOT* Amazon or eBay - they have known counterfeiters selling there. In the meantime, get a good look at that connector and the wiring. You may want to clean up the connector with some electrical contact cleaner as well. I'm 75% sure you'll find an electrical wiring or connector fault as the root cause. The other 25% is not using an OEM sensor.

OP
OP
J

jetson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx for the reply. The sensor is in a bad spot to get to. I did spray electrical cleaner on it. I suck at electrical issues. I do have a multimeter. How can I check it?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for the reply. The sensor is in a bad spot to get to. I did spray electrical cleaner on it. I suck at electrical issues. I do have a multimeter. How can I check it?
There isn't an electrical troubleshooting guide for that circuit that I can find, but I would be primarily concerned with tracing the wiring back to the ECU physically, and looking for any places where the loom is cracked or where the bare wires are rubbing against mounting points, or where there is missing insulation from the wires.

OP
OP
J

jetson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I dug into it tonight. It could very well be the wire or the harness. The problem is access. The wire from the harness is wedged between block and whatever. Anyway there is not enough slack in the harness to be able to get my hands on it to check. Also since it is wedged I can’t wiggle or move it to see where it goes? Man what engineer thought that it was a good design. Any help out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts