Keyless Entry/TPMS Issue 09 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnc-97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Saw older threads on this issue, thought I’d post my fix for TPMS/Keyless Entry not working. The previous “fix” of pulling the 10 amp fuse in the fuse box didn’t work. I even went so far as to unplug the RCDLR to see if it would wake up on re install. No dice.

Went to my local pull-a-part yard. I used a 2011 Impala for this. The trim at the forward edge of the top of the dash conceals the RCDLR on the Impala, just to the left of the center of the cluster. Lift the trim, and push the RCDLR to the right to free it from its mounting. Pull to you and unplug it. It cost me a whole $5.00 at my local yard. The decal on the RCDLR must have the arrow on the upper left corner (it looks just like the remote start button arrow).

If the part number is NOT 15857831, say a 2038#### or 25######, you have a newer module then came in the vehicle, and that’s OK. Plug it in and go into programming mode. As you pass thru the tire pressure mode, the TPMS should report pressures. Program your remote(s) and test them.

My local dealer wouldn’t touch my ESV, as it is a “manufactured vehicle”, a limousine conversion. But the forum gave me enough information to troubleshoot, so I felt obliged to share the result.

OP
OP
C

cnc-97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are known supersessions for the 15857831. There are possibly others, but these are direct replacements

BD890098-4A12-4FF4-99B4-A31005C42A12.png

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Saw older threads on this issue, thought I’d post my fix for TPMS/Keyless Entry not working. The previous “fix” of pulling the 10 amp fuse in the fuse box didn’t work. I even went so far as to unplug the RCDLR to see if it would wake up on re install. No dice.

Went to my local pull-a-part yard. I used a 2011 Impala for this. The trim at the forward edge of the top of the dash conceals the RCDLR on the Impala, just to the left of the center of the cluster. Lift the trim, and push the RCDLR to the right to free it from its mounting. Pull to you and unplug it. It cost me a whole $5.00 at my local yard. The decal on the RCDLR must have the arrow on the upper left corner (it looks just like the remote start button arrow).

If the part number is NOT 15857831, say a 2038#### or 25######, you have a newer module then came in the vehicle, and that’s OK. Plug it in and go into programming mode. As you pass thru the tire pressure mode, the TPMS should report pressures. Program your remote(s) and test them.

My local dealer wouldn’t touch my ESV, as it is a “manufactured vehicle”, a limousine conversion. But the forum gave me enough information to troubleshoot, so I felt obliged to share the result.

Just curious...

What issues were you having with the old one?

And...

Since you got your new one from an impala... does it "think" that your tire pressures are too high?

The reason I ask is because I would assume that the impala doesn't run as high of pressure in there tires as our trucks do.

Also did you have to use a Tech 2 to program the new/used module or did it just work???

Thanks in advance.

Letcher77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would love some more info on this as my 2013 Yukon XL is having the same issue. Where is the RCDLR located? I don't want to remove the entire interior looking for this module. I know this is an older thread but hoping there is still some info out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2