Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not unless someone modified them to do so...

The '07-'14 Tahoes, Suburbans have independent turn signals... like yours.

The Avalanche and Silverado use both the upper and lower for brakes and signals.

I always thought it was strange that the Avalanche uses the Silverado style harness for the tail lights since it has essentially the same wheelbase as the SUVs.
I have seen 100% them that light up both
top and bottom
i doubt all these people did the mod. might be by state thing .. so there is redundancy in place.

you can only see the side markers on the bottom

GM must have listened to their customers. since People here hate getting pulled over for burned out tail lamps etc..

20190323_193443.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have seen 100% them that light up both
top and bottom
i doubt all these people did the mod. might be by state thing .. so there is redundancy in place.

you can only see the side markers on the bottom

View attachment 219448

Are you talking about the parking/running lights???

I thought you were talking about the lower lens lighting up with the brake lights because of your earlier post...
I seen them light up with the brake light on many of them..

I understand what your saying now... the Hybrid don't have running lights in the lower lens like the regular non-hybrids.

I thought you were saying that the lower lens (turn signal) would light up with the brake lights as well... not the parking/running lights but the actual brake light from the brake pedal switch.

When you were saying the normal Tahoes don't have independent turn signals I was thinking you meant the turn signal also lit up the upper bulb as well... like the Silverado/Avalanche.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the parking/running lights???

I thought you were talking about the lower lens lighting up with the brake lights because of your earlier post...

I understand what your saying now... the Hybrid don't have running lights in the lower lens like the regular non-hybrids.

I thought you were saying that the lower lens (turn signal) would light up with the brake lights as well... not the parking/running lights but the actual brake light from the brake pedal switch.

When you were saying the normal Tahoes don't have independent turn signals I was thinking you meant the turn signal also lit up the upper bulb as well... like the Silverado/Avalanche.
the bottom is only a signal
I though it would be a good idea to add a second switch for when I actually press the brake ..

other wise the brake lights are on when it's Regeneration (not pressing the gas peddle)

looks like i'm riding the brakes other wise..

maybe they should have thought out this Regen brake light thing. like only lighting the lower lights and when actually pressing the brake light up all..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64