Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. It is probably against the law.
2. It might make people think you are slowing down or that your riding your brakes or that your brake switch on your pedal is messed up.
3. Coming from the world of riding motorcycles, choppers to be more specific, lighting is an especially important safety feature. I am ALWAYS of the mindset that the best, most effective brake light is the one that wasn't there before. In other words the one that wasn't lit before you pressed the brake pedal. I would rather have a single running light on my bike and have 2 more light up when I press the brakes as opposed to having 3 running lights that get brighter. The odds of someone rear ending you while in motion are slim compared to when you are slowing down or stopped in my opinion. Evidently the NHTSA agree with me because you can bet if they thought it would reduce the number of rear end collisions they would force the manufacturers to make the HMSLs into parking lights as well.

My 3 cents.. lol

It's your truck, do whatever makes you happy.
on my hyhoe the stop lamps are always lit as soon as you take your foot off the gas peddle...

Regen..

it would be nice to MOD the lower lights to turn on with another switch added to the brake peddle. to light up the lower portion as well.. LED would be required to save power

(it has a separate Independent turn signal circuit on the Hyhoe no running lights)

The goofball above me speaks the truth. I notice a few MPG increase when I run the good stuff, 89 even. It also doesn't knock when I'm romping on it.
I use 91 Octane Cheveron or Shell V-Power

6MPG increase, lowered my cost per-mile highway..
0.14¢ per mile @ $3.75/gallon 91 octane
0.17¢ per miles @ $3.55/gallon 87 octane

I only used 6 gallons for 152 miles. 11.43 L/100km
while the same trip with 87 octane used 7.5 gallons

VVT kicked in yo...

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
on my hyhoe the stop lamps are always lit as soon as you take your foot off the gas peddle...

Regen..

it would be nice to MOD the lower lights to turn on with another switch added to the brake peddle. to light up the lower portion as well.. LED would be required to save power

(it has a separate Independent turn signal circuit on the Hyhoe no running lights)

The regular Tahoes have independent turn signal circuits as well. The lower lens/bulb is the turn signal. I modified mine to make the lower bulb a brake light.

How can you not have running lights?

Or do you just mean in the day time?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regular Tahoes have independent turn signal circuits as well. The lower lens/bulb is the turn signal. I modified mine to make the lower bulb a brake light.

How can you not have running lights?

Or do you just mean in the day time?
I seen them light up with the brake light on many of them..

No running light on the lower part

Mine has factory GM LED brake light/running light combo/..
the lower part only lights up with the signal..

you can see the individual led didoes in the housing
ULTRA bright as well

I might MOD the Signal with another LED from another housing to be 100% factory looking LED housing

the back up lights are Ridiculously bright as well.. the back up camera is over exposed because of it

60watt equivalent bulbs seems like

20190310_130056.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I seen them light up with the brake light on many of them..

No running light on the lower part

Mine has factory GM LED brake light/running light combo/..
the lower part only lights up with the signal..

View attachment 219444

Not unless someone modified them to do so...

The '07-'14 Tahoes, Suburbans have independent turn signals... like yours.

The Avalanche and Silverado use both the upper and lower for brakes and signals.

I always thought it was strange that the Avalanche uses the Silverado style harness for the tail lights since it has essentially the same wheelbase as the SUVs.