Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I posted this in the "What did you do to your truck today" thread as well.

I ordered a Nokia DT-900 Wireless charger.

I chose this charger because it has 3 coils and runs directly off of 12V so there is no adapter or USB port needed to install it. It also does not use any power while there is no device laying on it, so no worries of it getting to hot or draining the battery on the Burb while it's not being used.

I installed it in the center console lid and wired it directly to the back of the rear cigarette lighter port in the console.

Only took this one pic with the rubber off so you can see it.

rps20190512_213325_151-jpg.222856

The hole isn't perfect as I couldn't find the proper cutting tool for my "dremel".

I also cleaned the crud off of it before reinstalling the rubber mat... didn't realize that crud was there until I removed the mat... its amazing what hides beneath... lol

Anyway, charger works good. I jokingly told my wife that between the vinyl I put on the door handles (which mimics the '15+ trucks) and the wireless charging console lid... she basically has a '15+ Burb now... lol

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I chose this charger because it has 3 coils and runs directly off of 12V so there is no adapter or USB port needed to install it. It also does not use any power while there is no device laying on it, so no worries of it getting to hot or draining the battery on the Burb while it's not being used.

I installed it in the center console lid and wired it directly to the back of the rear cigarette lighter port in the console.

The hole isn't perfect as I couldn't find the proper cutting tool for my "dremel".

I also cleaned the crud off of it before reinstalling therubber mat... didn't realize that crud was there until Iremoved the mat... its amazing what hides beneath... lol

That hole is a little sloppy but overall nice project

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
That whole is a little sloppy but overall nice project

Thanks... I have a Foredom flex shaft tool with a foot pedal like this...

rps20190512_215341_012.jpg

And it had like a rounded engraving type bit in it and I didn't feel like digging around to find a cut off wheel. It was kind of an impromptu installation because its Mothers day and I had to sneak out and hurry up to do it... lol

Plus it will never be seen under the rubber mat so, Meh.

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Thanks... I have a Foredom flex shaft tool with a foot pedal like this...

View attachment 222863

And it had like a rounded engraving type bit in it and I didn't feel like digging around to find a cut off wheel. It was kind of an impromptu installation because its Mothers day and I had to sneak out and hurry up to do it... lol

Plus it will never be seen under the rubber mat so, Meh.

Love the charger mod, been thinking of doing the same, thanks for completing the leg work for me.
Also, Dremel’s work wonders. I used mine almost everyday in the hanger. More flexible than air tools when working in aircraft. Also be sure to have an extra battery you can swap out with if cordless is your cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

I also cleaned the crud off of it before reinstalling the rubber mat... didn't realize that crud was there until I removed the mat... its amazing what hides beneath... lol

Anyway, charger works good. I jokingly told my wife that between the vinyl I put on the door handles (which mimics the '15+ trucks) and the wireless charging console lid... she basically has a '15+ Burb now... lol

Link to the charger? I see it online, but not 12v?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Link to the charger? I see it online, but not 12v?

Honestly, I just bought one on Ebay.

It came with the cord and box that plugs into the 120v AC (house) outlet and converts it to 12v DC (car) power.

I just cut the cord at the length I needed and wired it to the rear 12v outlet.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my Gruven heater core T-connectors and Dorman Y-connector today...

rps20190628_145555_677-jpg.225748

rps20190628_145626_706-jpg.225749

rps20190628_145703_107-jpg.225750

Its gonna be next weekend before I can get them installed.

Is that Dorman Tee metal too!??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442