Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on the LED headlights from @08HoeCD so I will be getting those put in before too long... I hope I like them as much as I do my Morimoto HIDs.

I also pulled the trigger on the 4/6 drop kit that @bm0rgan had. So new fun things are in the works.

I will also have a set of the Arnott autoride air shocks for the rear available after I get this kit installed, these are remanufactured rear shocks that actually keep the autoride functional and don't just trick the computer. They are less than a year old as I installed them last June. If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Catch can arrived yesterday. Will get that installed soon. I also received the 2 cases of Wolf's head full synthetic Dexron VI ATF that I ordered. Truck recently rolled over 200k so it's time for a fluid exchange.

After I do the catch can I plan on doing some deep cleaning to the pistons and combustion chambers via the PCV line and brake booster line to try and remove any carbon build up.

I have been taking logs with my Diablo sport tuner and sending them to Lew for my custom tune and he keeps telling me to use better gas because the ECM is seeing a lot of spark knock under acceleration. I have tried different stations with the same results so it is time for a good 'ol steam cleaning via water induction through the vacuum lines. My thought process is that 200k miles of ingesting oil through the intake has probably built up a decent amount of carbon on the pistons and combustion chambers which is causing pre-detonation. I am tuning the truck for 89 octane.

I will post up the results of my endeavors hopefully sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Well I modified my catch can by adding some more filter material and mounted it today.

This is a pic of the inside of the can the way it came with just the stainless screen/mesh inside.
rps20180225_220835_347.jpg

And then I added a piece of green scrubby to act as a better filter.
rps20180225_221008.jpg

And then I added a stainless steel pot scrubber to give the oil and water vapor something to condense on a little easier AND to help hold the green filter in place.
rps20180225_221202_926.jpg

Then I started looking under the hood for a location to mount it.

Originally I had planned on mounting it above the power steering fluid reservoir on the alternator bracket but I decided that it would probably interfere with getting to the power steering cap.

So I decided to mount it just in front of the fuse box on the driver's side fender.
rps20180225_221624_713.jpg

I also like the fact that due to the distance from the engine, the can should stay cooler which will aid in the condensing process of the vapors back to a liquid.

Obviously I need to get some hose tomorrow to actually hook it up. And then begins the steam cleaning.

Stay tuned.... it's about to get good... lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Well I got the hose and plumbed the catch can.
rps20180226_143101_921.jpg
I also ran a 16oz can of Gumout "tune up" stuff through the PCV line, because it contains "PEA" in it. I then followed this with 32oz of cold bottled water. I am not certain if either did any good yet because I haven't taken a log yet but I am hoping it got rid of some carbon build up.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well I got the hose and plumbed the catch can.
View attachment 193591
I also ran a 16oz can of Gumout "tune up" stuff through the PCV line, because it contains "PEA" in it. I then followed this with 32oz of cold bottled water. I am not certain if either did any good yet because I haven't taken a log yet but I am hoping it got rid of some carbon build up.

If you really wanted to run some pee through it, I know a cheaper way. Lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Well preliminary results seem good... I drove it to go pick up the kids from school and I got on it a little bit and I don't hear any spark knock under WOT like I used to hear so I am hoping the logs turn out better next time and with the catch can now installed hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons