Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Installed my preliminary custom tune in the Burb today and racked up some miles so I could get a log to send back to Lew for further tweaking.

rps20180207_183800_814.jpg

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Received my Escalade key fobs today and programmed them to the Burb.

Ordered 2 used fobs for $39 then purchased 2 new outer shell cases which came with everything including new buttons for $16.

Then I got in touch with @Burbin to get a couple custom decals made for the backs of the fobs... should be here in a few weeks. I will post pics of the new cases and decals when they arrive.
rps20180210_193304_538.jpg
rps20180210_193352_518.jpg

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Cadi emblems... lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I also ordered an oil pressure pigtail extension.... I have a pretty good idea how to get rid of my check engine light that is caused from the oil pressure being "too high". I will post up pics after I modify the harness and see if it works as anticipated.

rps20180210_194013_114.jpg

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
As some of you may know I installed a HV/HP pump in the Burb because I was getting a slight lifter tick while idling for any extended length of time. The pump got rid of the ticking but I had "too much" oil pressure according to the ECM.

My first try at a fix was to install the dual remote mount filters and oil cooler and while it did lower the pressure slightly it was not enough to get rid of the check engine light.

I ordered the extension harness above and after a lot of research and some trial and error I figured out the size of the resistor that I needed to make the ECM see the "correct" pressure.

The way the system works is the ECM sends out a ground and a 5V reference signal to the oil pressure sensor. The EOP sensor has a signal wire that goes back to the ECM to tell it how much pressure it is reading. The ECM then sends the data over to the BCM through the serial data line and the BCM sends the signal to the instrument cluster for the gauge.

Basically by adding a resistor to the signal line and adding the white wire to ground the other end of the resistor I created a voltage dividing circuit so the ECM doesn't think there is 70-75 psi but rather 40-45 psi.

Anyway it works and I am stoked about it because I haven't been able to remote start since installing the oil pump because of the CEL.

I used a 300 ohm 5 or 7 watt (not certain) resistor and while the line doesn't see anywhere near that much wattage I over sized the wattage on the resistor so that it runs cooler. With the truck running you can hold the resistor in your hand and it is not even warm.

rps20180213_173129_383.jpg

I forgot to mention... with this set up like I have it the gauge is still fully functional, it is just reading at a different scale I guess is the best way to put it. But its not like just sticking a resistor in to read a certain pressure all the time regardless of pressure. This way if oil pressure goes up OR down it still reads it.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my Escalade key fobs today and programmed them to the Burb.

Ordered 2 used fobs for $39 then purchased 2 new outer shell cases which came with everything including new buttons for $16.

Then I got in touch with @Burbin to get a couple custom decals made for the backs of the fobs... should be here in a few weeks. I will post pics of the new cases and decals when they arrive.
View attachment 192594
View attachment 192595

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Cadi emblems... lol

I don't get it.
What's the point or advantage?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
My original fobs are cracking around the top edge where the two halves meet. I am by no means hard 0n them, they are either in my pocket or in the ignition.

I am hoping these will be more durable. Plus I am having the custom emblems made to go on the back... which is just for the cool factor... lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the "new" oil pressure. I should have taken a before pic but didn't think about it. Before I would have 70-75 psi at cold idle and 60-65 psi after it was up to temp.

Now it reads 40-45 psi when warmed up.

rps20180213_195744_539.jpg

No more CEL.... Thank God.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That front end lighting is spectacular! The lift bar is awesome! I’m thinking of doing a small one behind my grill soon too. Cool idea for the control button too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645