Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Incorporate the sequential controller?

Yes indeed.... I may just bite the bullet and go ahead and get the stuff and open it back up and git r done... we shall see.

These wouldn't be just a simple 3 flash sequence though.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz

Sorry just been busy lately and saw this post, which is by now outdated. But yes I have the JL Audio Stealthbox 10" that replaced the front jump seat. The guys took the front cup holder off the jump seat as well as the center console.

The shop screwed the cup holder to the bottom of the box and it sits perfectly over the hump. The center console is designed to fit on top of the box. The box is carpeted and you would never even know what it was as the look is virtually OEM. It is bolted to the floor of the truck under the front seats, so it is secure in place.
@Fosscore , where can I see a picture of this amazing thing?

Last edited:

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. I tried doing something similar, using an underhood light from an 02 wired to some led strip lights, bug it didn't work out very well. Maybe do some kind of diagram or write up. Good job.
+1

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I gotta say that Ken (picked up your name while reading the thread :)), you are one tech savvy, crafty SOB. I have learned so much reading your thread that my head is spinning. I wish I knew half the electrical stuff that you know. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I can follow directions pretty well, but electrical wiring / etc. gets past me once you start talking about diodes, resistors, ohms, etc. Anyway, GREAT BUILD!

Second, I just want to say that you solved 2 problems for me today:

1. I can now move my sub box between my captain's chairs from behind the third row! Yay! I didn't know that box existed! This solves 3 problems: 1, I have to remove the present box whenever I remove the rear seats so it doesn't fall forward / flop around the back when I'm driving; and 2, to regain that little bit of space in the back. 3rd, adding this box would solve another issue for me, which was the desire to have a console between the 2 captains chairs in the second row. I may steal one of the guy's idea of wrapping it in leather FTW!

I have an email out to Rodney's boxes now to see if he can fit 2 10's in one of these boxes, even if it needs some mods...

2. I've always wanted lights under the hood over the engine! Brilliant! I anxiously await a write up so I can do it as well!

Thanks for all the great info, and keep up the good work!

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First, I gotta say that Ken (picked up your name while reading the thread :)), you are one tech savvy, crafty SOB. I have learned so much reading your thread that my head is spinning. I wish I knew half the electrical stuff that you know. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I can follow directions pretty well, but electrical wiring / etc. gets past me once you start talking about diodes, resistors, ohms, etc. Anyway, GREAT BUILD!

Second, I just want to say that you solved 2 problems for me today:

1. I can now move my sub box between my captain's chairs from behind the third row! Yay! I didn't know that box existed! This solves 3 problems: 1, I have to remove the present box whenever I remove the rear seats so it doesn't fall forward / flop around the back when I'm driving; and 2, to regain that little bit of space in the back. 3rd, adding this box would solve another issue for me, which was the desire to have a console between the 2 captains chairs in the second row. I may steal one of the guy's idea of wrapping it in leather FTW!

I have an email out to Rodney's boxes now to see if he can fit 2 10's in one of these boxes, even if it needs some mods...

2. I've always wanted lights under the hood over the engine! Brilliant! I anxiously await a write up so I can do it as well!

Thanks for all the great info, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the compliments... and you are correct, I am a very crafty SOB... lol

Just wait until you see my next trick ;)

It looks like you have a short body so his box will fit without modification. As far as putting 2 10's in that box... I guess it would depend on the air space requirements for the subs.

Not sure about doing a write up on the underhood light... seems pretty straight forward to me.

Light, switch, power and ground... done.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments... and you are correct, I am a very crafty SOB... lol

Just wait until you see my next trick ;)

It looks like you have a short body so his box will fit without modification. As far as putting 2 10's in that box... I guess it would depend on the air space requirements for the subs.

Not sure about doing a write up on the underhood light... seems pretty straight forward to me.

Light, switch, power and ground... done.
I think it's the Power and the Ground that I would like to see. Like I said, I'm not too savvy on the electrical work, especially in a vehicle. I can change a light switch or a plug in a house, but past that....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove