K & N filter upgrade in 2016 and newer is it worth it Please POST Suggestions

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Jorge1313, Jul 25, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Jorge1313

Jorge1313 Full Access Member

Name:
    Jorge
    Ia it worth the time and money suggest your ideas . Just changing filter is there any major differences or sound . I need to know because it not easy removing filter cause of the bar over the filter. What are you experience with just the filter not a cold air intake only wanna change filter.

2. jeffbco

jeffbco Full Access Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Save your money...OEM works fine.

3. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    You are gonna have to change the filter eventually. When you do might as well get something like an aem dryflow (non oiled) that will last forever. Will there be any noticable difference in performance or sound? Doubtful.

I have one in my NBS Caddy and even with the bottom of the airbox opened up I can't hear any difference in the cabin.

4. sealandsky

sealandsky Full Access Member

Name:
    Rich
    in my 2016 Yukon Denali I installed the K&N CAI and felt it was well worth the money. Much better sound as it removed the muffled factory intake. I felt like there was a minor increase in power as well. On my 2019 Yukon Denali I have the Honker intake and it's a fully enclosed box like factory and is much more muffled than the K&N - I miss the sound.

5. Bob2C

Bob2C Full Access Member

Name:
    Robert
    I have always used K&N filters in my cars throughout the years. I wait for the rebates to come around on the filter then buy them. So for $30 I pick up a K&N. I'll wait until I have to change out the stock one. I don't notice any difference in performance, but over the time I keep the car its cheaper than buying OEM every 10k or so. Just wash/dry and re-oil. Hope this helps.. By the way they have the rebate going on now.