01 Tahoe tune incoming, what (cold) air filter and exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One note for eFans, I forgot to mention you probably need a bigger Alternator.
You can't be serious. How much is that thing using? It's not like a 500watt fan is it? Let me read the e-fan topic ;)

diLucca

Reaction score
One fan will draw around 25-30Amp(there are two). HD fans draw around 40Amp for each.

If you have the bigger alternator(145A) you should be OK. If the smaller 105A may handle but not for long time.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One fan will draw around 25-30Amp(there are two). HD fans draw around 40Amp for each.

If you have the bigger alternator(145A) you should be OK. If the smaller 105A may handle but not for long time.
I will check tomorrow. Everything is overkill on my Hoe so hope the alternator as well. Foe example have two ACs stock, one in the front and one in the back that was for the back passengers, or is that OEM on every Hoe? But prolly need a bigger radiator since I installed a smaller one after the stock one died. Wondering though if you just cannot make a bracket to put the fans over the smaller radiator... As is uses the radiator mounts normally, those mounts are still there, the smaller mounts are now used by the radiator.:hmmm2:

diLucca

Reaction score
The smaller RAD uses mount holes/points of eFans(fan shroud), and may not fit with wide between left and right radiator hoses.

But you can still use efans from Corvette or Camaro if you install 28inch RAD. Or some aftermarket like Flex a Lite etc..

Edit: I live in Slovakia(near Vienna) I will install eFans only for better AC(i wear black) and for past experience with BMW and Mercedes when failed mech fan in 1st case destroy hoses and hood, and 2nd destroy water pump.
In my climate there is no need for eFans for temperature reason

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The smaller RAD uses mount holes/points of eFans(fan shroud), and may not fit with wide between left and right radiator hoses.

But you can still use efans from Corvette or Camaro if you install 28inch RAD. Or some aftermarket like Flex a Lite etc..
Great information! Lot of reading and learning to do, but I love it. So much possibilities and working my way to a proper build Tahoe, which will stand out in the Dutch Tahoe scene I think :):D

EDIT: I had to modify the shroud, but is installed as stock on the stock mounting points. But you have a point about the hoses them self, who will probably be in the way. Well I guess I will find out some way or another..

diLucca

Reaction score
It is somehow hard and little expensive sometimes to make this "MONSTER" live in Europe, but it can be done.
If you have some QA about Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/H2 just ask, if i can i will help in special EU things :D and also everyelse in this great forum.

This is how bigger ALT looks, it is wider as I marked in middle.
biggerALT.JPG

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is somehow hard and little expensive sometimes to make this "MONSTER" live in Europe, but it can be done.
If you have some QA about Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/H2 just ask, if i can i will help in special EU things :D and also everyelse in this great forum.

View attachment 266689

View attachment 266689
Yes but sometimes you also need some patients. And now in corona time, advantaged can be made. And I'm using my cousin in America as well for sending parts since he can get discount at Fed Ex because he's a pilot. And since a week I've contact with another cousin (I've a big family) living in Mallorca, who is since a year or so restoring American and English classic cars. He sometimes orders a cargo with a car for example and put components in the car. Shipping in Europe is a lot cheaper. And now found a contact in Belgium for example. It's hard but not impossible. Thanks for the invite, same counts for you, maybe I can help you with shipping a part for example :)

Was to lazy to walk to my car, but found a photo of my custom shroud and alternator, what do you think?
IMG_1562.JPEG

Very busy with my new best friend lately, would love to start detailing my truck for ages, and have vacation now, but it keeps me more busy then a child hahah
75f225a5-88bb-4972-a58f-5d81447ee243.jpg

diLucca

Reaction score
"maybe I can help you with shipping a part for example :)"

I take you word :D

Yes this radiator is for sure new and smaller. But ALT should be sufficient(if you dont have crazy stereo).
As for mod, if it work and does not overheat, than OK. I did similiar with heating hose for throttle body :)

Yea, dog can take more time than a child :), with my wife we have little Biewer, as we cant have child, we love dogs.
Lili.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"maybe I can help you with shipping a part for example :)"

I take you word :D

Yes this radiator is for sure new and smaller. But ALT should be sufficient(if you dont have crazy stereo).
As for mod, if it work and does not overheat, than OK. I did similiar with heating hose for throttle body :)

Yea, dog can take more time than a child :), with my wife we had little Biewer, as we cant have child, we love dogs.
View attachment 266693
But then a smaller e-fan assembly from a other car could be possible? Good to hear the alternator seems good enough. Will look up the part number tomorrow to be sure. My stereo is a Caliber Stereo + dab+ + bluetooth 4x75watt, conversion-set that included a 1-din bracket, or kinda in the middle of that. You can see in my build thread. Will remove the factory system and amplifier. Will only add two proper speakers in the doors and I'm installing a Pioneer TS-WX206A with a build in amplifier, max of 150watt. But I like to preserve my hearing and now especially don't want to hurt the dogs hearing so, not worried about that. I think the factory system takes way more current. Heavy cooled radio with amplifier, 8 speakers and a sub.

What a cute dog, you say we had or is the dog still with you? Sad to hear a child isn't possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645