Just bought an ‘18 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya...back in 07 my Tahoe was about 37k. 10 years later just about every trim is damn near double the price.
What are the new redesigned ones gonna cost 2-3 years? 90-120k?

Of course $100,000 is coming at some point. 30 years ago a Porsche 911 Turbo cost $50,000 and that was crazy money. Now they cost $150,000+. Lamborghini was $100k, now it’s $350k,
Bread was 75 cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what they start at. You won’t find many of these ‘base’ models on dealers lots.
Most of what’s discussed here are trucks way above the base models.
Add a few options to a 4wd Denali or Tahoe LTZ, you could be quite a bit over $70K. And, I was just thinking of the ‘17’ models. I’m sure the ‘18’ is going up.
In northern VA, there are about 10 LS Suburbans for sale. I have never had a problem finding one. In addition to the inventory search on chevrolet.com, you can also look at websites such as cars.com to find what you are looking for.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I get it. I know there are deals out there. I’m just trying to make a point about mfrs. pricing, and what they’re turning these vehicles into.
Yesterday a friend told me he bought a Ford F-350 Dually - loaded.
Listed for $81K. In 2004 he bought pretty much the same truck. It listed then for $35K.
All these mfrs are up to the same games.
A loaded 04 f350 is not ‘pretty much the same’ as a loaded 17 model. Way more power, comfort, safety, capability, technology in the 17.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A loaded 04 f350 is not ‘pretty much the same’ as a loaded 17 model. Way more power, comfort, safety, capability, technology in the 17.

The bottom end of all these trucks are loaded with many more options than they used to have and are more or less the same starting price.

The high end has gone off the charts. 20 years ago nobody seriously considered how profitable a 'luxury' truck/SUV market could be...

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day the trucks are getting too expensive and have FAR FAR FAR outpaced inflation. In 2007 the Expedition started at $29,500 today it starts at $52,000, the dollar isn’t worth half of what it was ten years ago. I don’t care if a new F-350 has more features than 2004 all i do is drive my vehicles, i use practically none of the extras on the Denali i just liked the 6.2. The American manufacturers are only staying in business because they are selling overpriced plastic trucks and telling us we need all these overpriced cheap options that we can perfectly live without. Those features?? They don’t add the value they charge, it’s all economy of scale, not to mention i could give a crap about half of them. My cooled seats suck, my running boards never work, my “safety features” constantly Fault and can’t be trusted, my stupid push to start failed. It’s all overpriced garbage, it’s just brainwashing the consumer to buy overpriced plastic trucks. The markup on these is INSANE and unjustified. The base Expedition 2WD today is as much money as the top trim King Ranch was in 2012..... let that sink in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11