Jeep Grand Wagoneer | color me impressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you got it in black or got the B and C pillars wrapped gloss black it would flow a lot better. Looks awkward in lighter colors. Interior is dope but I would be skeptical of reliability and looks like lots of stuff that can break.

It is the pillars, right? lol

View attachment 419014
Looks like the ‘08 Uplander; that fine selling GM Minivan!

Attachments

• IMG_9758.jpeg
    IMG_9758.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 6

tquick67675

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the kid's Jeep; so as one does was in the Jeep dealer getting parts over the weekend :).

They had one of the Grand Wagoneer's in stock.
Loaded out, sitting all pretty, so I spent some time with it.

Sitting in the Wagoneer I didn't feel any tinge of wanting to be in the wife's Denali, if anything I liked the Jeep interior better, especially the infotainment. With 510hp under the hood it was a hoot to drive. $'s to $'s the Grand Wagoneer was within $10k of a Yukon, the regular Wagoneer could be had for significantly less, but only the 420hp engine available.

The real question, is an extra $5k worth it to go to an X7 M60i over the Grand Wagoneer?
Dont do it!!!!!
I had a 2017 Yukon Denali (my 4th GMC in a row) that I traded for a 22 Wagoneer Series 3. Mainly because at the time I was quoted a 15 month lead time on a new Yukon. Almost immediately started having random issues. In 2023 the Wagoneer was in the dealer for almost 3 months. The primary issue was the stop/start sometimes wouldnt restart. Imagine the feeeling of being a sitting duck at a light when it doesn’t restart. Note that I said PRIMARY issue. Never did fix it. I just unloaded it and bought a 24 Yukon Denali. SO glad to be back in a GMC. Stellantis quality is garbage. From electronic/software bugs to pops and creeks after some miles put on it the Wagoneer and GW are overpriced garbage.

Last edited:

dc968

Reaction score
I had a brand new Grand Wagoneer as a rental in Jackson Hole/SLC over the summer and it was pretty darn nice. Wasn’t aware they were discounting the things by $40K and just couldn’t imagine spending that kind of $$ on a Jeep. I will say they look 10x better on the inside than from the outside. Wouldn’t trade it for the ‘23 High Country Duramax I have now though.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a brand new Grand Wagoneer as a rental in Jackson Hole/SLC over the summer and it was pretty darn nice. Wasn’t aware they were discounting the things by $40K and just couldn’t imagine spending that kind of $$ on a Jeep. I will say they look 10x better on the inside than from the outside. Wouldn’t trade it for the ‘23 High Country Duramax I have now though.

They need an even larger discount. Maybe a BOGO deal.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the kid's Jeep; so as one does was in the Jeep dealer getting parts over the weekend :).

They had one of the Grand Wagoneer's in stock.
Loaded out, sitting all pretty, so I spent some time with it.

Sitting in the Wagoneer I didn't feel any tinge of wanting to be in the wife's Denali, if anything I liked the Jeep interior better, especially the infotainment. With 510hp under the hood it was a hoot to drive. $'s to $'s the Grand Wagoneer was within $10k of a Yukon, the regular Wagoneer could be had for significantly less, but only the 420hp engine available.

The real question, is an extra $5k worth it to go to an X7 M60i over the Grand Wagoneer?
They're both going to have issues but I'd enjoy driving the x7 over a wagoneer. Is a srt durango or rt durango not an option?

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a good look at Grand Wagoneer II w/ 6.4 and wow from the inside, damn it is impressive.

But from 20yrs of owning Chrysler's, the dealerships are not able to provide the warranty and/or service a 110k vehicle's owner will demand. I only had a few issues with my 2020 Ram, but each time it been at the dealer, they made things worse, to the point I fixed my own sunroof....

Wagoneer is nice, but I would not buy new, maybe buy one that is a few years old and get an extended warrenty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're both going to have issues but I'd enjoy driving the x7 over a wagoneer. Is a srt durango or rt durango not an option?
I've had a few x5's; love to drive them, less so enjoy the maintenance, fiddly issues which seemed constant.
I had a supercharged Grand Cherokee for a bit; it was fun but not enjoyable if that makes any sense. Zero interest in a Durango of any flavor.
Grand Wagoneer is different, great specs and was more fun to drive then the current GM in the garage.

I'm just so underwhelmed by this current Denali XL (and it loves being in the shop), not up for giving GM anymore dollars for a product which can't stand up to their marketing.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a few x5's; love to drive them, less so enjoy the maintenance, fiddly issues which seemed constant.
I had a supercharged Grand Cherokee for a bit; it was fun but not enjoyable if that makes any sense. Zero interest in a Durango of any flavor.
Grand Wagoneer is different, great specs and was more fun to drive then the current GM in the garage.

I'm just so underwhelmed by this current Denali XL (and it loves being in the shop), not up for giving GM anymore dollars for a product which can't stand up to their marketing.
Sounds like you made your decesion to get the x7 lol. I can't recommend the wagoneer as the deprecation is going to be insane.

dc968

Reaction score
I recently had a good look at Grand Wagoneer II w/ 6.4 and wow from the inside, damn it is impressive.

But from 20yrs of owning Chrysler's, the dealerships are not able to provide the warranty and/or service a 110k vehicle's owner will demand. I only had a few issues with my 2020 Ram, but each time it been at the dealer, they made things worse, to the point I fixed my own sunroof....

Wagoneer is nice, but I would not buy new, maybe buy one that is a few years old and get an extended warrenty.
This is one of the issues I have w/having spent $80k on my Tahoe. I go in for my “free” first oil change and am stuck in a waiting area w/a broken K-cup coffee machine and a cold drink vending machine I have to pay $1.50 for a bottle of water. Totally different experience taking my wife’s 10-year old A6 in for service.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the issues I have w/having spent $80k on my Tahoe. I go in for my “free” first oil change and am stuck in a waiting area w/a broken K-cup coffee machine and a cold drink vending machine I have to pay $1.50 for a bottle of water. Totally different experience taking my wife’s 10-year old A6 in for service.
I mean, let's face it, the only reason you buy this vehicle is because you need/want this size of vehicle. There are more dependable choices out there, there are much better service departments out there that will give you a croissant every time you go in. If you are looking for 300K mile dependability and loaners and amenities, then shop elsewhere. But if you are looking for something that can haul this many people and gear and get 30 MPG with the DMax. There really is no other choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo