I've never seen these frame stickers on my gmt800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I was changing the oil on my 2012 Denali a couple weeks ago, I was looking around at the underside of the vehicle. I noticed these stickers on the frame. There is one on each side, towards the front, just behind the wheel wells.

I've never noticed these on my 2001. Maybe they're located elsewhere, or they were just not on those models.

8325486965e436c8cb49b1f328caaa4f.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made in Mexico? The whole truck? Or just the piece of metal that this sticker is labeled on was made in Mexico?! Someone please educate me on that part of the sticker!(serious question from me! Not being rude or joking!)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
made in Mexico? The whole truck? Or just the piece of metal that this sticker is labeled on was made in Mexico?! Someone please educate me on that part of the sticker!(serious question from me! Not being rude or joking!)

Probably means the frame. These were all made in Arlington, Texas after 2009.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
So now you know your girl's birthday! Got a better picture of yours than I did of mine!

You know what I just noticed? That Caster/Camber code! I wonder if that was tied into the alignment specs depending on which wheel and tire option? Interesting stuff eh?
Yes, well the birthday of the frame at least... Lol

This sticker was on drivers side and is upside down (I rotated the pic). The sticker on the passenger side is actually clearer and right side up... Lol.

My 2001 has the Arlington sticker on the door edge like this one does, but all the times I've been under it I've never seen a frame sticker like this. That year also used torsion bars and keys for the front suspension.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

yukonlou

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have one on my Yukon Denali regular length, different part #. Also found a transaxle sticker with DOM on mine. Frame was built on 11/24/11, TA on 11/30/2011 @ 14:49 and found an RPO web site that listed truck's birthday as 12/9/2011....

IMG_2704.JPG

Bill D

Reaction score

Well you know that GM's Arlington Assembly Plant is a stones through away from the border with Mexico. A Sequencing label goes on all the Truck frames with the proper country of origin, including the ones made in USA.

I worked at the Fort Wayne Assembly plant during the GMT 900 Launch in 2007. The frames came from about 10 miles away. Whenever a frame got damaged during the frame turnover process the frame supplier would send in an "experienced" rep to beat the frame that back into shape as it was moving down the line.

Scrapping it it would be way too expensive. If they were to pull a damaged frame off the line, they couldn't get a replacement in its place as it would have moved to far downstream in the process. It would be a disaster, throwing the entire production build sequence into chaos, screwing up the line side for all sequenced parts like headliners, seats, instrument panels, door etc. etc.

100% chance that mistakes would be made on the vehicles built for the rest of the shift. (heck you might get an option you didn't pay for, or lose one!).

I saw some real beauty frame repair jobs. Afterwards, (after all the torch heating and hammer pounding ) they would just spread some black frame wax over the repair and SHIP IT.

Would not want one of those trucks in my garage, but stuff happens, and the Plant Quality Engineers have little power to prevent it. Many times I put a truck on hold only to return a few hours later to find it gone! It had been SHIPPED with a note to the dealer to fix it. LOL

Last edited:

Bill D

Reaction score
I think its like 380 miles from Dallas to Del Rio Texas border

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14