Is this the tick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
I’m curious if this is the tick that will lead to valve failure? To me it sounds pretty normal for a GM engine, but what do I know.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I gotta agree with @iamdub on this one. The sound is not definitive enough to tell. Injector tick noise sounds like that but so can a slight lifter tick.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking that's normal...sounds a lot like mine which so far hasn't had any lifter issues. When idling, I do hear some ticks but those have always been present.

OP
OP
C

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Okay this is what I was thinking too. I do notice the engine runs a little rough when it goes from start/stop/start, but it seems pretty normal for a 6.2 to me.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar sound/noise on my 5.3 when I start and let it idle to warm up. You really hear those injectors right after a cold start.

I've had the 6.2 in the years past but it was an L99 which is essentially an LS3 but with AFM and I want to say I had similar noise/sound/ticks before I upgraded my exhaust to some Flowmasters American Thunder.

For the lifters, well a failure would sound more like a constant knock right, like if they are trying to bust your door open. Question, have you ever had something on the pavement kick up from underneath as you pass and make a noise/sound??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE