Is this the tick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ztreat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So do you need to replace the fuel injectors? Or it's normal and move on? I have a similar problem that persist. Thanks for any input.

808RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe in this morning because this doesn't sound normal........service advisor says it's lifters, waiting for confirmation from the tech.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Took the Tahoe in this morning because this doesn't sound normal........service advisor says it's lifters, waiting for confirmation from the tech.
That does sound like the dreaded lifter tick. Yours was not constant but heard it about 3 different times.

808RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That does sound like the dreaded lifter tick. Yours was not constant but heard it about 3 different times.
Ya that "slapping" noise doesn't sound comforting....2021 Tahoe 5.3, with build date in March 2021, 3,400 miles, didn't have check engine light or anything, just heard that noise and a loud whine on deceleration from the transmission (almost like I have a supercharger LOL) so took it in to get looked at......just putting the info out there if it helps anyone.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you confirm if you hear this only after a cold start or at every idle even when engine is warm?

Also possible those are injectors...

Last edited:

808RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you confirm if you hear this only after a cold start or at every idle even when engine is warm?

Also possible those are injectors...
yes, at cold start and after the engine is warm at idle......I'll update this thread with what the diagnosis is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645