Is this part replaceable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks:

My wife's Yukon has a damaged right mirror. See pictures. Can that black portion be replaced? I would hate to have to repaint an entire mirror if that black section comes apart from the painted part.

Also, this mirror no longer moves in and out. Is that gear replacement/fix expensive as well as difficult to do? Haven't looked it up yet.

Thx.

TKHIMG_1579.jpg IMG_1580.jpg IMG_1582.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the main part of the mirror and it is replaceable. You can separate the front- the painted cap and it's adjoining lower half from the rest of the mirror and snap them onto a replacement mirror. You don't have to get a mirror with that color of cap.

I cant speak for the level of difficulty of replacing the drive assembly. If it were me, I'd get any mirror assembly from a salvage yard that has the power folding feature and snap the current painted cap onto it and bolt the whole assembly on. So, remove the painted cap from your existing damaged mirror to put on the replacement mirror, remove the whole assembly from the door and trash it. No sense in trying to dissect and repair your current one.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me hit side of garage backing out. The entire assembly wasn’t overly expensive all I had to do was move cap to new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645