Is this a good idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies in advance for a short OP ...

I just wanted to know from folks with knowledge if THIS is a good idea for my HyHoe?

The 6.0L engine has a nice sound to it but I was looking for something slightly 'throatier' without messing with the whole exhaust system and hybrid engine. And since I don't even know what a 'resonator' is I thought I better ask first. :)

I appreciate any input ...

Thanks and cheers!

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Well you posted this in the wrong year, but If i was you, id buy the Volant ones.. theres actually a guy selling them in the classifieds section. volant=way better then ebay brand..

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you posted this in the wrong year

Oh crap ... my apologies, if a staff member sees this forgive my no0biness and please move to appropriate section.

but If i was you, id buy the Volant ones.. theres actually a guy selling them in the classifieds section. volant=way better then ebay brand..

Ok I will certainly do that ... any thoughts on whether there's any potential issues with doing this mod?
Thanks.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A resonator is going to do nothing more than add to the aesthetics of the vehicle while lending a slight difference in exhaust note .........

really no big deal to a dealer upon inspection or emissions if you were wondering. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A resonator is going to do nothing more than add to the aesthetics of the vehicle while lending a slight difference in exhaust note ...

Hi DTAILS,

I believe that this exhaust tip thingie actually removes the resonator ... so I was just wondering if anyone here has done that to their truck, and if other than the nicer look, it makes a nicer sound.

Thanks for the emissions clarification.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi DTAILS,

I believe that this exhaust tip thingie actually removes the resonator ... so I was just wondering if anyone here has done that to their truck, and if other than the nicer look, it makes a nicer sound.

Thanks for the emissions clarification.

No worries.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shameless bump to see if anyone has removed their resonator and what it sounds like with it off. :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
we need to get this moved to the right section, youll have a lot more posts in your year range.. ill give ya a hand.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAMA_LTZ_HOE has done this and a pic of his configuration can be found in this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23322&page=4. He had an exhaust shop do the work but same result just a little cheaper than a Volant route and IMO still looks nice. Deleting that resonator definitely does look a lot better but as stated by Atomic will gain you nothing us other than cosmetic improvement and slightly different exhaust note. I plan doing the exact thing that BAMA did as soon as it gets a little warmer out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645