Is there a way to open only the glass on rear hatch of 08 Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I really appreciate you going above and beyond... I do not have a stock FOB and as my hatch spot just a had a hole, I was unable to locate a button to open the window. I was not aware that a button would just fall out like that.
So in this particular case the manual did not help me open the window.

PS. I would have thought this forum was to help out fellow gmc/chev/cadillac owners... not try to make them feel stupid?
Don’t feel bad. Yours isn’t the first to fail in pieces. While trying to search something else here, I saw another that was in the same condition.

Mine crumbled as I removed the old one. It’s no surprise to me that you had a challenge knowing it was missing. On mine, I only knew it didn’t work because my other vehicle is the same generation and it still does.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
PS. I would have thought this forum was to help out fellow gmc/chev/cadillac owners... not try to make them feel stupid?

It’s not as bad as it used to be. The forum culture (in general) went from unfettered enthusiasm with introductions that included names, locations and background experience from a place to hang out with a few others and JUMP unsuspecting new members with off topic insults to completely derail a thread until a Mod ran edits. That allowed the bad behavior to run rampant.

The “poke the new dog in town” and make it personal culture has pretty much disappeared. Surprisingly, the behavior and attitude has reset back to new. Posts are no longer allowed to be deleted , only edited. Bad behavior is more difficult to conceal, forum reputations have cleaned up and condescending culture has remarkably lightened.

The FORUM is the knowledge base most of the time, not the participants. To avoid individuals who provide difficult to locate information with bad behavior, search Google with “Tahoe Yukon Forum” in front of the info you’re looking for. It’ll bring up years of current and dormant posts the forum itself can’t locate.

When you get a chance, if you haven’t already, add your vehicle info and background. It’ll tie all your knowledge base and upcoming questions to your vehicle.

I’m Michael, Welcome from SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC