Is Rear Quarter Panel Damage Repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigChuckMN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Yukon Denali - Is damage of this type repairable? Found a bunch of sand/dirt/salt stuck up in the rear quarter panel - threw a hose on it at moderate pressure and it gave out.
Seems like the GMT800 kicks debris up in this panel as well inside the actual rear bumper. Any hope to repair this or am I getting into some serious body work?
Minnesota winter snow/salt is tough to deal with on a vehicle this old but thankfully this is the first major body item i have had to deal with. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 11

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2004 Yukon Denali - Is damage of this type repairable? Found a bunch of sand/dirt/salt stuck up in the rear quarter panel - threw a hose on it at moderate pressure and it gave out.
Seems like the GMT800 kicks debris up in this panel as well inside the actual rear bumper. Any hope to repair this or am I getting into some serious body work?
Minnesota winter snow/salt is tough to deal with on a vehicle this old but thankfully this is the first major body item i have had to deal with. Any input would be appreciated.
you can buy the quarter panel and have it welded in/painted yes

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is repairable if you want to spend enough money on it.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy repair for a body shop actually. But I'd crawl under the machine and have a good look at other areas and parts for advanced rust too.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the door jams specifically. Also be sure to check your frame to cab mounts.

But yes, very repairable. Assuming its nothing more than what we are seeing (and thats never the case), it can be easily sectioned.

Reaction score
they sell a cheater panel that you can seam in yourself. Use real bondo products and rivet/self tap the panel in place to hold it together, with clamps.