Rear quarter panel body damage question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EEK , the High Country robotic door mirror was $980, replacement door glass $320 and labor at Chevy dealer service dept $300 or so.. plus a little extra for bodyshop to paint the mirror's cover.

Good news is distributors claim parts are in stock should be at Chevy dealer within 2 weeks,, and Service Dept already has me scheduled for the week after.

I'm planning to go with PDR, but still working out the logistics since they're 2.5 hour round trip and they want several days to complete the repair :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PDR guy sent me a video of his progress so far, he wants a few more days with it but I'm VERY VERY pleased how it's coming along..

..and I thank you forum members whom brought the PDR option onto my radar :thumbsup:

z5j4jpEl.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Suburban back from Hammer Head PDR repair and I am so very-very happy, no 2 month bodyshop job, no paint-thinner or Bond-o smells. There is the match-head size paint chip that flaked off before PDR.. but amazingly Hammer Head got rid of that pinch and twist on the ridge. Also the door gap that had appeared after the deer hit, Hammer Head got the door gap back to normal :thumbsup:

I will order some touch up paint and apply to that small flaked dot.

PDR was much less than bodyshop quote, I paid out of my pocket so there won't be any CarFax ding. Mirror hasn't arrived but will have chevy dealer paint and install when it does.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate you forum members whom recommended PDR.. Hammer Head performed amazing work :worthy:

Top "after" photo was quickly taken yesterday when I picked it up.. bottom 2 are "before" photos showing deer damage.

FUVkRje.jpg

z5j4jpE.jpg

oy82dhs.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts