Is it worth $29500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also skip to a k2xx chassis for that dollar amount. I love nnbs vehicles but they’re not the best quality interior wise.

I wouldn't say the K2 is much better. The materials are not very good quality, especially the seat cushions and "leather" material.

HughW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealership by me is selling a 2013 Tahoe lt texas edition with 31747 miles and has a couple damage reports on carfax that are minor. The ac is having issues as well but said it was a deal breaker unless fixed. Looked at the car in person can see the radiator brace on top has been replaced. Other than that a clean car but they want $29500 after licensing and fees. It’s a one owner with a lot of service records as well. Is it worth it?

HughW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are looking at $800 AC bill to start , then numerous repairs for a 10 year old car like sensors, heater hose , belts, etc. so having $29,000 in it to start Seems a little much considering how used car prices are going down even though the 2013 Tahoe is a good car, I have one . Go for a better price .

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted before about a similar 2007 Tahoe that the dealer is still asking $29K for! Been for sale for almost a year. Lincoln dealer has a 2019 Navigator with a branded title that has been sitting on their lot for over a year @ $60K, which is at least $10K overpriced. I have seen little or no relief in pricing here in SE WI. The 2 Chevy dealers near me are lucky if they have 15 new vehicles combined......
people are playing a car shuffle game right now, they buy another one because the other is getting repossessed... payments being paid on credit cards etc...

the credit card debt has gone from 800 billion to 1.4 trillion as of now... in just the last year were facing 2 trillion by the end of the year which will never get paid back..

Shorrsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealership by me is selling a 2013 Tahoe lt texas edition with 31747 miles and has a couple damage reports on carfax that are minor. The ac is having issues as well but said it was a deal breaker unless fixed. Looked at the car in person can see the radiator brace on top has been replaced. Other than that a clean car but they want $29500 after licensing and fees. It’s a one owner with a lot of service records as well. Is it worth it?
I paid $20k for my 2014 a year ago.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's at an auction because it wouldn't sell on any lots.. I would stay away from it and put that money towards a newer one.
Not true at all. Literally millions of cars go through the auction and most of them do not have anything wrong with them. If a dealer can make the same money sending a car to auction without having to refurbish it, it’s gone. Or if the car doesn’t match the dealer’s clientele, it’s gone. If it’s too old, it’s gone.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t break anything, what on earth are you talking about? And when did I ask about the difference between a 2WD or a 4WD? I’m quite aware of the difference… I don’t have a hybrid because I know better.
2WD only puts power to the rear wheels, 4WD puts power to all 4 wheels that are touching the ground. Spare not included. Lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's at an auction because it wouldn't sell on any lots.. I would stay away from it and put that money towards a newer one.
I think you missed my point. It's an indication of how the pricing on various classes of vehicles (e.g. large SUVs) is either above, below or in tune with the current market. When nearly all of them are crossing the block as no sale, it means their sellers are pricing them too high because they're trying to avoid taking a bath. In other words, the market for them is falling rapidly.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s also an indication of neglected and missed maintenance. Owners are no longer maintaining their vehicles and allowing them to self destruct (several times) until the repair is no longer financially feasible.

Desperate owners have gotten really creative in concealing repairs at trade in time. If the dealership discovers they can’t repair or get any gross out of it, they ship it off to auction and try to dump it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo