Is it Normal For the Windows to Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I have owned a '10 Yukon Denali XL and I currently have an '11 Denali Hybrid. Is is normal for the windows to rattle when you have them open and shut the door? Do any of you guys have the same problem? It's really disconcerting to hear a rattling noise from a 60 grand truck when you shut the door.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my windows are rolled down, yes I hear a rattle noise when I shut the door. If the window is rolled all the way up, it does not rattle at all.

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
If my windows are rolled down, yes I hear a rattle noise when I shut the door. If the window is rolled all the way up, it does not rattle at all.

Exactly what I'm talkin about. Is there a fix for this?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fix that I know of. I just assumed it was normal, because every vehicle I have ever owned has done this.

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I have an 02 Trailblazer and it never does that. It must be a flaw in the design of the door.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned a '10 Yukon Denali XL and I currently have an '11 Denali Hybrid. Is is normal for the windows to rattle when you have them open and shut the door? Do any of you guys have the same problem? It's really disconcerting to hear a rattling noise from a 60 grand truck when you shut the door.

Actually I have the same problem with the rear driver side window ... when it's down and I hit bumps it rattles. The front and rear passenger side windows don't have this issue. Obviously there's a defect there or something has come loose so I was going to have the dealer fix it under warranty in a couple of weeks when I'm due for service.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They tried to cut weight down and didn't install tracks for the windows. Jk. I have no idea. :(

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine don't make noise when driving, only when closing the door. And it really only does it if the window is rolled partially down. I don't notice it if the windows are rolled all the way down, or all the way up.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roll the windows down partially next time you pump gas, and walk around & wiggle them

my rears are LOOSE, they flop all over,
you have them up or all the way down, there's no track or nothing to steady them in mid-positions.

cars are not wise investments :(

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
Every single one of my windows rattle when I shut the door, but not over bumps, I have service due in a month, and my dealership is great, so I'm sure it'l be fixed. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE