Is it Normal For the Windows to Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mortirius

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rattling window fix

There is a fix for this that will take about 15-30 min per door and , I rate it with a difficulty rating of 3 provided you have the right tools with are 1. a panel popper or a very large screwdriver 2. A socket wrench with different attachments. The reason the windows rattle is because there is a size 10 screw nut that has gotten loose due to road vibrations, since the has some oil on it my assumption is that some of the oil gets into the screw allowing it to come loose. Here's the fix first goto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozuQR9o0gY&feature=player_embedded

this will show you how to remove you door panel however YOU DO NOT NEED to remove any wires connecting to the door panel. (it shows you an older version of our but its almost the same thing on newer models.) Once the door panel has been removed roll your window down and move it with your hand inside the door. You will then see where the track has come loose and a you can simply fix it by tightening the one screw. Don't go to the dealer for this unless your unfit to do it yourself cause they will rip you off.

Good Luck hop this helps
keep me posted on how it worked for you and how hard it was

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yours are anything like mine, they actually rattle against the black window trim sills. The sills, themselves, rattle. And no, there's no GM fix for it (I know, because it was one of the first things I ever took my '09 in for, and they said there was no fix).

I'd imagine you could stuff something behind the trim, but...

It sure sounds cheap, doesn't it? Sad.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kirk,

When I took her in last week for scheduled service I mentioned this as part of a list of small bits to be fixed under warranty. Well somehow it's not rattling any more ... not sure what they did but I'll ask next time I'm over there.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know this can be fixed bc my front two doors rattle...very annoying.. I just attributed it to being a cheap american made car... Looks like ill be hitting up the dealer sometime this week

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kirk,

When I took her in last week for scheduled service I mentioned this as part of a list of small bits to be fixed under warranty. Well somehow it's not rattling any more ... not sure what they did but I'll ask next time I'm over there.

Thanks, Serg. I'd certainly be interested to hear what they did.

crotonevans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my 07 hoe all windows rattle when I turn up the bass ! really weird but everything vibrates with 4 18" subs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu