2023 Tahoe Continuous Rattle Noise After Shutoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpbrosch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished a 2,000 mile drive from Michigan to Phoenix, AZ. The Tahoe passed 10k miles during this trip. Other than weather, I had no significant vehicle issues during the 4 day trip. After shutting the vehicle off in the driveway, I could hear a distinct rattling type noise from the undercarriage about mid body. It could be coming from the catalytic converter, but I'm not sure. The noise has continued overnight with no change. When I restarted the vehicle last night, you could hear the rattle along with normal engine noise.

I've never heard this distinct rattling before and never had a noise like this continue without change for 10+ hours after the vehicle is turned off. Obviously, the car needs to be checked by mechanics but curious if others have had this experience.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. That's odd. Definitely need a scanner to see what isn't going to sleep like it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts