Intermittent Start - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOT IT ! But - what IS IT ?!?!? While installing a new ignition switch, found this. When holding in Start and nothing...hitting this caused it to start. Looks like some sorta starter interrupt. Taking it out = full start! Has "6900A" on it.
looks like the remnants of a alarm system

OP
OP
SnowBuck

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...yes...there's a variable isn't it. Looks like maybe an aftermarket remote start or alarm unit. Must not have been letting an ignition signal through. Great that it is out and now you're starting and running!
THAT's exactly what my mechanic thought. I AM the 2nd owner. There a thing that pulls out of a part that was screwed to the lower dash. But - it has no tab or anything to easily pull it out. Without it = disabled. But...I can't help thinking it might be an OEM thing...radio controlled?!?!? Writing on the back mentions "see Dealer for coding"!?!?! Those words make me think after-market...but who knows !

Attachments

• IMG_2075.JPG
    IMG_2075.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT's exactly what my mechanic thought. I AM the 2nd owner. There a thing that pulls out of a part that was screwed to the lower dash. But - it has no tab or anything to easily pull it out. Without it = disabled. But...I can't help thinking it might be an OEM thing...radio controlled?!?!? Writing on the back mentions "see Dealer for coding"!?!?! Those words make me think after-market...but who knows !
That is without a doubt aftermarket and GM didnt touch that with a 10ft pole.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a silencer security system --vintage lol

OP
OP
SnowBuck

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a silencer security system --vintage lol
YOU ARE RIGHT ON !!!!! The Dealer said "We didn't do it!" LOL NOT OEM. The tab was missing, and it must have just corroded or something to make an intermittent contact. Cut it outta there! All's fine now. WHO'D KNOW!?!?!? Just dumb luck I found it when replacing the ignition switch as a last-ditch effort!

Intermittent start = CASE CLOSED !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar