Intellilink Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerrville15

Reaction score
While going on a trip a couple of weeks ago, my navigation stopped working, my bluetooth wouldn't work either so my phones wouldn't connect or anything, and my backup camera wouldn't come on. Don't know if this is related, but after stopping at a stop sign the Yukon kind of stuttered before it took off, and then after a little hesitation it took right off & was fine. I tried shutting the car off a couple of times thinking it would just reset everything with no luck. So after I got to my destination the car sat overnight and everything has been fine ever since. Anybody else had the issue or have any thoughts?

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a three week old Tahoe--2015. The exact issues are showing up in my vehicle. On the first call to MyLink support I was told--
1. With the vehicle running, turn off the entire system by holding the radio volume button in until the clock shows on the screen.
2. Turn off the vehicle.
3. Get out and lock the doors.
4. Wait three minutes and reenter the vehicle.
5. Start it up.
6. Turn the system on using the radio volume button.
I explained that this happened at 65 MPH on I 35 and if it happened again I would be calling back.
I followed the procedure.
Everything worked.
The next day the exact thing happened. I called MyLink and basically gave it to them.
They called my dealer.
I am now awaiting a call from the dealer to bring it in for service.
Of note--the voice command system only works every so often. It loves to call random people in my phone book rather than the specific one I requested.

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update--

The dealer did a "hard reset".
The negative battery cable was disconnected and left off for about an hour.
Everything seems to be working.
Fingers are crossed----

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
failed--

Back to the dealer. The screen went black three times yesterday.

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has continued to fail after software updates. No physical parts have been replaced or repaired. The vehicle was at the dealer's on 28 September and again on 30 September after multiple failures.
The dealer is now awaiting a software update from GM.
This is not making me happy as I have been advised to be ready to use my iPhone or bring a GPS for navigation support on my 4,000 mile trip starting on 6 October.

Heymatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To date we have had the electronic com module and the rearview mirror assbly replaced. Too many updates to count. Awaiting a call from Onstar to our dealership regarding the unresolved issue. Two months of ownership, four trips to the dealership and one week out of service.
Edit: forgot one dealership trip.

Last edited:

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nine weeks of ownership.
Five trips to a dealer.
Two days out of service.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get resolution to this? The my link touch screen in my 15 Suburban has now gone black...dealer tried a software update. Worked fine for about half a day...then next morning - nothing, blank,...same issue dealer doesn't seem to know what the issue is..

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get resolution to this? The my link touch screen in my 15 Suburban has now gone black...dealer tried a software update. Worked fine for about half a day...then next morning - nothing, blank,...same issue dealer doesn't seem to know what the issue is..
No
I am on a 4000 mile trip and it has failed 19 times so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n