Intake coupler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We just set a record for the most 90+ degree days in a summer EVER. It’s the Pacific Northwest, we’re not supposed to have 30 days over 90! And it might get hot again. We are tired of the damn heat.
I can't wait for the 40 degree weather to get here! I'm done with summer.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
super hot again . gonna mess with it in the morning tho going to be a nice 70 degrees here. as opposed to 97

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I messed up with the coupler I bought . It’s to long and hits the fan cover . So my stupid error and we are in process of buying another car so busy here lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't find a reducer any shorter than that. What I did on mine was cut a piece off the end of the 4" coupler and put that on the 4" tube so that tube was now a 4 1/2" tube, then I used a 4 1/2" straight coupler so the whole thing was shorter than using a reducer. It's kind of like using a spacer if that makes sense. Edit: you can cut it, use a good utility knife with a new blade.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't find a reducer any shorter than that. What I did on mine was cut a piece off the end of the 4" coupler and put that on the 4" tube so that tube was now a 4 1/2" tube, then I used a 4 1/2" straight coupler so the whole thing was shorter than using a reducer. It's kind of like using a spacer if that makes sense. Edit: you can cut it, use a good utility knife with a new blade.
You think it would work on the throttle body ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut an end off the 4" coupler that was about 2" or so wide, then put that piece on the tube. Then the 4 1/2" coupler slipped over that so there was 2 layers of coupler. You just make sure it all stays lined up as you tighten the clamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645