Installing Nu Image Stainless Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Step 1
with a razorblade, carefully cut around new gauge face to remove from packaging
picture.php

Step 2
Remove left vent and right side switches & Vents with a wide flat blade screw driver
picture.php

Step 3
remove dash shroud by removing the 4 small torx screws
picture.php

Step 4
pull out the Gauge Shroud ( be careful not to break any tabs)
picture.php

Step 5
Remove black Gauge face surround ( held on by 4 clips....gently pull and clips will pop out)
picture.php

Step 6
Remove Gauge cluster by removing 4- 7mm bolts
picture.php

Step 7
pull gauge cluster out and unplug gauges ( gear shift lever must be put into low or 1st gear...* make sure parking brake is set*)
Step 8
remove clear plastic gauge lens ( use flat blade screw driver to release clips)
picture.php

picture.php

Step 9 ** very important step**
roatate gauge needles counter clockwise as far as they will go ( gently, dont force) Then mark on supplied gauge diagram where the needles stopped)
picture.php

Step 10 * be very gentle*
remove factory needles ( with a fork or for you golfers ...use a divot tool)
picture.php

Step 11
remove factory gauge face ( be careful not to break the 2 tabs holding it on)
picture.php

Step 12
apply new Nu Image Gauge face ( i used 2 small pieces of clear tape applied to each side out of installed view to hold in place)
picture.php

Step 13
carefully apply either factory needles or New Nu Image needles ( press them on gently leaving 1/16" gap. install needles at 12 o clock position)
picture.php

Step 14
rotate needles counter clockwise till the stop at full left position
picture.php

Step 15
re-assemble gauge cluster snapping clear lense back into gauge housing
picture.php

**** be careful and make sure all needles are properly aligned inside gauge cluster and not rubbing any part of cluster***
picture.php

Step 16
re-install gauge cluster ** don't forget to plug cluster in** then turn on ignition to make sure gauges work before bolting back in
picture.php

Step 17
Reinstall the 4-7mm bolts to hold in the gauge cluster
picture.php

Step 18
re-install the gauge shroud using the 4 small torx screws
picture.php

Step 19
re-install vents and switches
clip them back in place carefully
picture.php

Step 20
Wipe down dash, gauge lens, and remove all tools
Step 21
Enjoy your new Nu Image Gauge face!!!
To see this product and many other styles go to www.nuimage1.com or call Frank at 951-278-2467 or email him directly at [email protected] tell Frank Steve Burkett Sent you!
or you can purchase the gauges from Custom Image Sound & Design 623-385-6366

Last edited:

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up, looks good, that's a crazy design in there but looks alittle more subtle with the dash lights on, been on their site all mornin and thinkin the diamond platinum ones might be for me, don't kno if I'm patient enough to do it tho

Last edited:

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks sweet. i would like the escy platinum gauges for mine.

Last edited:

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks real good, I like it on your truck, but tis a little busy for me. I like the plain stainless ones.

OP
OP
syndicatesteve

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Well I wasn't to excited about the mechanical series at first but after realizing that the needles for the mechanincal made the gauges look a little more custom I decided to roll with it. I am incorporating the gears into my custom paint jobnext month and I am redoing my suede headliner with Katzkin Leather and I will be having my interior guy make 3-d gears to stand out in the headliner.. My thinking is since my Yukon seems like it will never be done. I am adapting the theme to " the gears are always turning" as in " Never Done"

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Well I wasn't to excited about the mechanical series at first but after realizing that the needles for the mechanincal made the gauges look a little more custom I decided to roll with it. I am incorporating the gears into my custom paint jobnext month and I am redoing my suede headliner with Katzkin Leather and I will be having my interior guy make 3-d gears to stand out in the headliner.. My thinking is since my Yukon seems like it will never be done. I am adapting the theme to " the gears are always turning" as in " Never Done"

Yukon roof is the same as a tahoes correct? Vent placement etc. Sell me that used suede headliner :Handshake:

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory gauge in the yukon is pretty ugly... i did want to change that out but it just felt like its too much risk and work

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So does it illuminate blue or still that green color?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700