Installing McGayghys 2/3 lowering kit tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IanSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installing McGaughys 2"/3" lowering kit

Gent’s/Gal’s

I just bought a McGaughys 2”/3” deluxe lower kit from our friendly forum sponsor “Tim” at Suspensions online who by the way deserve a big thank you, as many of us here on the forum have had a pleasant experience while dealing with him. My truck is a 2003 Yukon 4WD c/w Autoride and I would like to ask if any of you who have in fact installed this kit could give me some pointers (do’s and don’ts) or you could direct me to a link of a step by step install as I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers Ian

Last edited:

J-Will

#Merica
Reaction score
cut your bumpstops in half front and back. and make sure you replace the little rod things for the autoride with the new ones. other than that be careful and have fun..

oh and post pics when its done :)

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got lowering keys you should go to Autozone and borrow the 2/3 tooth gear puller. it will make quick work of removing the stock keys. You will use it it in the "2 tooth" position. I swear its like that tool is made just for removing the keys from a tahoe/yukon!

If you have spindles you will probably have a bear of a time getting the ball joints out of the stock spindles. I had to remove my entire lower control arm and take a sledge to the ball joint. It went preety fast after i said f**k it and removed the entire LCA with the spindle still attached.

Rear end is as easy as changing oil... it takes about the same amount of time too.

good luck.. let us know if you have more questions and definitely load some pics when your done.

hokieguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any other tips for removing both the lower and upper ball joints? Im stuck on this step and cannot for the life of me remove either ball joint. Im going to pick up the ball joint tool tomorrow and hopefully that will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9