Installing Kicker HD10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

On_3_Go

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK guys, I'm making this so much harder for myself than it needs to be lol. I have a 13 Avalanche with bose. I'm looking to add this Kicker Hideaway powered sub to the truck. I've been searching for a good while trying to figure out what wires to tap and where. I've read that some tap the factory sub wires for signal, some have tapped preamp ect..... I'm drawing a complete blank and wanna do this correctly. I've done systems in the past, but nothing with factory head unit/bose/oem amped systems. Any help is appreciated

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using a high/low convertor to get signal to your amp? If so I had originally tapped the factory wires in the center console for my sub until I swapped the head unit out.

OP
OP
O

On_3_Go

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you using a high/low convertor to get signal to your amp? If so I had originally tapped the factory wires in the center console for my sub until I swapped the head unit out.
Honestly haven't gotten that far. I'm not sure how I wanna wire it up. Looking for a few people to shed their experiences to find the best overall setup.

Which wires did you tap under the console? I know that's where the amp is and usually where everyone will grab signal from. Like I said, I've seen people use the sub wires for signal, and used the speaker wires for signal. Not sure about pre amped or post though