Installing Dashcam: Need a 20a ACC Fuse spot in cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGrayingTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am moving a Thinkware setup from my old Truck to my '23 Suburban. I have a battery pack in addition to the rear and front cameras.
Because of this, the rear fuse panel is the ideal location for installation. However, I can't find a fuse in that area that is only on for ACC/IGN.

Has anyone tapped into one of the spare fuse spots or one of the existing fuses with success?

I wanted to use F40 but it does not appear to have any power. F41 has Battery power.
Alternatively I could use F18 Rear WPR (20A) but even it says it has power when the door is open but the ACC is off.

IMG_2380.JPG

01dailey

Reaction score
You might want to consider tapping the F46 30A fuse (HVAC Blower Motor). I'm not sure if this is on with ACC, but it seems to me it would be. You will need to test for voltage to confirm first. This seems like a safe circuit to tap as it is not vital to the vehicles operation or safety systems. If you use the commonly available double fuse tap, just be sure it meets the necessary amp rating.

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider tapping the F46 30A fuse (HVAC Blower Motor). I'm not sure if this is on with ACC, but it seems to me it would be. You will need to test for voltage to confirm first. This seems like a safe circuit to tap as it is not vital to the vehicles operation or safety systems. If you use the commonly available double fuse tap, just be sure it meets the necessary amp rating.

I'm not sure but if he ever turns OFF the rear climate control I'm wondering if this may power off that fuse's power source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts