Outlets In Trunk - Convert to Accessory On?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ComputernerdBD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Is it possible to convert the outlets in the trunk of a 2018 (the one on the left next to the cupholders and the one on the right next to the rear seat folding buttons) to accessory on only similar to how the three up front can be moved to constant on via a fuse? Failing that and looking at the upfitter guide, is the 100A stud in the rear left fuse box normally live on the non-PPV/SSV models and are those usable for accessories (obviously would be constant on)? I presume if I wired a relay to that and tapped into an ignition switched fuse to control it with that would also potentially work for that purpose safely? Is there a recommended best practice means of doing that in that power center and how to route wires exiting that panel?

This is discovery work as part of a larger project, I am investigating the dependencies for installing a Starlink Gen3 dish on the roof above the cargo area along with additional equipment inside. The dish itself would be using a passive POE (power over ethernet) injector with a DC/DC 12V to 57V converter in lieu of using the Starlink router with power inverter with the accompanying issues increasing the amperage needs. However with that I was also investigating packaging that solution in a way including using traditional 12V cigarette lighter power adapters (where amperage limits allow) for the dish and other equipment where I could consider moving the kit to my Trailblazer if needed with minimal additional modifications (but would also have to consider power draw). I am also working on a plan to install an isolated dual battery and 250A alternator setup to also support my LED lighting which I am browsing the other threads on already first so to try to avoid duplicative questions.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660