Installing a backup Camera (here we go, finally)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did get the steering wheel with the audio controls. My old steering wheel was kinda worn anyway, and had the rubber coverings, which can get really hot in the sun. I bought the new steering wheel, it is really easy to install (just be careful with the airbag) and all controls work. the "phone buttons" mute the radio, but I think that is because there is no phone input.

I am actually thinking about maybe getting a vcim module, or similar and see if I can make that work (if possible at all), so no, no bluetooth (yet)

Ron

Do you remember what the part number was for the steering wheel? I have changed all my interior trim from the brushed metal to woodgrain and was thinking if I changed the steering wheel also I should get one with woodgrain trim panels on it to match the rest of the interior? What do you think?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what the part number was for the steering wheel? I have changed all my interior trim from the brushed metal to woodgrain and was thinking if I changed the steering wheel also I should get one with woodgrain trim panels on it to match the rest of the interior? What do you think?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

I don't know if it comes with wood grain... I actually like the look of the brushed steel, but hey... I am European originally *lol*.

The one I bought was "ebony" gm part 22947783 (close to $200)

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71