Installed Rough Country UCA, CASTER is wayyyy out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working with a 2013 Tahoe LT 4wd w/ Z71 package. 285/65r18 Duratrac tires, CCM 2.5" front leveling kit.

I performed the following work on the front end this weekend. Inner/outer tie rods Lower control arms w/ balljoints and bushings Upper control arms (Rough Country 19401) for 2.5-3.5" lift Sway bar links Sway bar bushings Bilstein 5100's set at factory height

I hand-torqued the upper/lower control arms, lowered the vehicle so it was at ride height and torqued down the control arm bolts.

I was able to get the alignment very close by marking the cam plates on the UCA and got within .10deg on the tie rod ends for the toe. This allowed me to drive it three miles to the alignment shop safely.

Everything aligned fine except for the caster. LT is sitting at -4.9deg and RT is -5.0 deg. Specs call for +2.0 --> +4.0

The vehicle seems to drive fine, steering is ever so slightly different but not bad. Just curious what I can do to get the caster back in line. Alignment shop said adjusting the caster is a give/take relationship with the camber.

Previously I had a 2.0" leveling kit with OEM control arms since the vehicle had 3 miles on it; it has always had -3.5 degrees of negative camber.

So, do I need to get different cams; did I torque something incorrectly?? I'd prefer to get this as close to spec as possible.

https://i.imgur.com/2wPyGzA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st