installed my coverking seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well figured id post something relating to my 97 tahoe. ive been ordering and swapping some smaller parts here and there. but i ordered coverking black and tan mesh style seat covers. install really wasnt too bad easier than i thought. took more to fix the drivers seat than to the install seat covers. passenger seat was worn but not damaged drivers seat was ripped in 2 spots. the passenger cover fit so tightly i decided to just patch the driver's seat myself. i did not take any before images but here is them installed. 20181120_125711.jpg

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can kinda see the line on the edge of the drivers seat where i patched it. it works and looks alot better and im not trying to build a show stopper so its perfect. i do have to try and get that seat belt strap cleaned up tho. been a while i dont have any before images so i wont bother posting any current images but the interior was pretty dirty when i bought it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
you can kinda see the line on the edge of the drivers seat where i patched it. it works and looks alot better and im not trying to build a show stopper so its perfect. i do have to try and get that seat belt strap cleaned up tho. been a while i dont have any before images so i wont bother posting any current images but the interior was pretty dirty when i bought it.
Watch that raised edge on your driver seat, it'll wear out pretty quick from you sliding in and out. Try to flatten it down as much as you can. How'd you fix it? Duct tape on the tear?

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch that raised edge on your driver seat, it'll wear out pretty quick from you sliding in and out. Try to flatten it down as much as you can. How'd you fix it? Duct tape on the tear?
should be ok it is a raised edge a bit because that there i sewed a patch on. its not a sharpish dry leather edge. i rolled some cloth over the edge and sewed it for extra strength so it stayed together under the cover.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like that black and tan interior pieces. that was never an option was it? you did that yourself?
Yes I did. I like the contrast

JacobSnowden33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well figured id post something relating to my 97 tahoe. ive been ordering and swapping some smaller parts here and there. but i ordered coverking black and tan mesh style seat covers. install really wasnt too bad easier than i thought. took more to fix the drivers seat than to the install seat covers. passenger seat was worn but not damaged drivers seat was ripped in 2 spots. the passenger cover fit so tightly i decided to just patch the driver's seat myself. i did not take any before images but here is them installed. View attachment 211189
How are you liking them? Seem to be the only decent option for these seats

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still haven't gotten around to working on a way to tighten the wrap on the armrest but the rest is solid. still hasn't shifted or moved around and nothing but compliments on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2