Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
at this point its prob something with the spindle being machined wrong messed up the sensor reading at times.

I know this sucks but maybe put the stock spindles on and do a turn and see if it still happens if it doesnt then you know its something wrong with the kit. if it still does it then has to be one of the sensors in front.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the stock spindles anymore so I can't go back (not that I would want to go through that again haha). Last time I pulled the sensors out they were dirty and had some liquid on them and when I put them back in clean the truck was ok the first few turns, so I may clean them again. I think I got some free-all on them while working on getting the old spindles off and might have got some in the holes as well so its slinging up onto the sensors and screwing the readings up.

Evan

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you guys are way off theres a techincal service bulletin from gm on this problem.
seems to be more comomn on the 07 modles. its not noticable untill its been lowered
had the same problem on my 07 avy when i first droped it
document id is

from what my local service rep told me is that theres a sensor under the drivers seat that is supose to sense if the vehicle is going to roll over and ingauges the brake, i noticed it on sharpe turns and if you brake at the same time the pedal bobles back and forth. my local dealership corrected the problem and i never had it since then

freyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exactly. And the kit didn't come with anything to install under the seat!

Any links for these? Google was no help.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys are way off theres a techincal service bulletin from gm on this problem.
seems to be more comomn on the 07 modles. its not noticable untill its been lowered
had the same problem on my 07 avy when i first droped it
document id is

from what my local service rep told me is that theres a sensor under the drivers seat that is supose to sense if the vehicle is going to roll over and ingauges the brake, i noticed it on sharpe turns and if you brake at the same time the pedal bobles back and forth. my local dealership corrected the problem and i never had it since then
McGaughy's told me about this, but couldn't answer of my question of "why did this just start after I lowered the truck if its a GM issue" I haven't gone to the dealer yet as I haven't had time, but I guess its worth a shot.

Do you know if these bulletins are free even if you are out of warranty?
Evan

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the TSB is a toss up after warranty is over. I have a good plug at the dealership here but most dealerships if there is a problem they will relate it to the suspension product.

see if you have a mod friendly dealership if not they will charge you a arm and a leg.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a pretty good hookup at a Chevy dealer, just not the closest one so if it was a sure free thing I would just go to my local dealer, but I guess I'll make the hike to make sure all goes smooth.
Thanks!
Evan

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
all good keep me in the loop. Ive never had this problem with the belltech spindles but who knows sooner or later I might so more info we have better we are.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
all good keep me in the loop. Ive never had this problem with the belltech spindles but who knows sooner or later I might so more info we have better we are.

Not a spindle issue, not a drop issue either.
I have this problem and have been having it for a bit over a year now. It started the moment I installed 24s and did not get worst with the McG spindle install or the 26s.
When it first started up unitl recently I thought it was rubbing causing the light until I looked into this TSB two weeks back.
NastyGM, Iwaslowr and me have all discussed this issues in the past and all thought it was just minor rubbing issues.