Input or advice from others on cam swap for 6.2L 2011 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently built my L9H and have a Texas Speed VVT-1 cam, ARH longtubes, and 2600 stall converter. I decided to keep VVT in mine because I also own a 06 SD with a LQ9, and when I drive it, I miss the VVT badly. With my stage 1 VVT cam, it feels stronger than stock, and when you get 6400 RPM, it's a beast. It ALMOST feels like it's not meant to a daily driver, which is what I was looking for.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently built my L9H and have a Texas Speed VVT-1 cam, ARH longtubes, and 2600 stall converter. I decided to keep VVT in mine because I also own a 06 SD with a LQ9, and when I drive it, I miss the VVT badly. With my stage 1 VVT cam, it feels stronger than stock, and when you get 6400 RPM, it's a beast. It ALMOST feels like it's not meant to a daily driver, which is what I was looking for.

Is that a single bolt cam then ???? I'll have to look into that.. I just don't need
much lift due to the supercharging and want to have a really long valvetrain life

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a single bolt cam then ???? I'll have to look into that.. I just don't need
much lift due to the supercharging and want to have a really long valvetrain life

It is a single bolt cam, and TSP includes a part you put in the VVT to limit it's motion to avoid putting the valves into the pistons. I chose this cam because I also have built this motor for supercharging and I believe this cam and converter will work very well together.

Screenshot_20200619-074207_Messages.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cam in my 2012 XL Denali is non-VVT and agonized over that decision at the time. I also have a 2007 XL Denali that still has the stock VVT cam and I prefer the power of the 2012. Off the line and down low it feels stronger than the 2007 (calibrated butt dyno), and of course at higher RPMs the difference is more pronounced. Not arguing, just offering my experience up for consideration.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is going to cause many dollars to fly out of our forum members pockets I believe :eek: lol

the main thing that’s kept me holding off was not having enough feedback from others who have gone thru the swap. Much appreciate all the info guys.

Happy Friday

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another member here for keeping the VVT , it's a decision you have to make.

PS.....I work pt to keep busy and out of the ole bats hair driving a truck a few days a week. It's a 2020 gasser and when there is a load on it driving up a hill I SWEAR that the VVT can be felt kicking in.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons