Illuminated Grille Emblem and Puddle Light Install Step by Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris80

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info. How long did it take you to install the front emblem? What is a reasonable install cost if I don't attempt myself?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info. How long did it take you to install the front emblem? What is a reasonable install cost if I don't attempt myself?
My dealer installed both the emblem and the puddle lights for $604, including the parts.

I think retail on the puddle lamps parts are $125 and the Emblem is $415.

BTW, on GMC.com, they have 20% off accessories from now to 10/31.
You can select "installation" as the delivery method right now, and it appears its arond $90 for the Illuminated emblem and $15 for the puddle lamps.

This may be the least expensive way to go right now, esp if you have available GMC or Chevrolet Rewards points to apply.

Here is a view of the shopping cart if you were to order online from GMC.com for a Yukon:
1666714099343.png

russ0486

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a set of puddle and a emblem for sale. located in Houston, TX.

This is pretty old but I didn't see anybody take you up on this. Do you still have them available for sale? I am in Houston as well.

Yaardvark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So bumping this back to the top. Despite my efforts, my wife was hell bent on the Yukon and we finally located one to her build. My question is on the puddle lights - I understand they're supposed to be in-line with the vehicle. Ours are at a 45° angle - basically if you drew a plane down from the mirror, it's in-line with that? I see no way to change that, I even popped one out and they only go in one way. Any ideas?

*Nevermind* - the dealer installed them on the wrong side - swapped them and they line up night. Took my brain a minute to do the math....

Last edited:

TexasRedNeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice write up. I ordered the puddle and emblem. Puddle came in quickly. No word on the black backlit emblem in 2 months. Guessing back ordered? Maybe to fix the flickering someone mentioned before?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make a note on the mirror puddle lamp ordering……Make sure you order the correct set.

There are three different ordering options…….each one projects one of the three logos….Cadillac, Chevrolet or GMC. GMC is the only lettered set, other two are Cadillac and Bow tie logo.

Instructions are for all three and although the installation instructions and function is the same, logos re different. Tahoe is Orange and Purple. Orange Passenger side and Purple is Drivers.

They will probably physically fit in the openings but image might be projected upside down. Probably more of a concern for Cadillac and GMC but the Bow tie should look the same regardless of orientation.

Another note….They are desig to NOT project image during daylight. I install mine loosely as in just the electrical connector and waited until dark a few hours late.

No matter how much you trust yourself or the instructions I still do the “Ops Check” prior to final installation.

These logo lights are for the most part idiot proof but you never know. Connectors are easy, one is horizontal and one vertical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons