Illuminated Grille Emblem and Puddle Light Install Step by Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oredered mine just now. Wife wrecked the yukon on July 26th. Then Hurricane IDA happened. We got it back Sept. 30th

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "C" on my black emblem pulsates at night... Still lit but looks a little goofy compared to the other two. Should be replaced under warranty...?

therealbofa

Reaction score
The old emblems will have to be removed one by one. Each emblem has tabs that must be released from the grille. A flat head works well, you may need an extra set of hands to pull back on the grille for access.
View attachment 278658 View attachment 278660

The upper part of the bumper that fits up in front of the headlamps may come out as you pull back the grille. Each side is fastened by 2 clips, it will easily pull out and pop back in. Make sure the clips go in straight and not from the side when reassembling.
View attachment 278661

Remove the first 6 bolts in the wheel liner. Remove the bolt in the bumper and pull bumper away from bumper bracket. This will allow you access to the back of the headlamp assembly.
View attachment 278663

Run grille emblem harness through the back of the grille into the new grille emblem. Push in the new emblem into the grille. You will hear/feel it click into place. You will now run the harness up through the top opening of the shutter frame. Make sure it is through the top of the frame, and not through the top shutter opening.
View attachment 278664
Any tips for getting the headlight connection to release? I’ve been fighting with it longer than I’d like to admit.

therealbofa

Reaction score
Any tips for getting the headlight connection to release? I’ve been fighting with it longer than I’d like to admit.
For anyone else struggling, push the red tab on the harness a little farther back. The first positive click is not far enough. Push a little more and it comes out easy.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look fantastic, especially the puddle lights! Does the GMC logo come on with the daytime running lights? or only when the headlights are on?

Also do you have a part number for those puddle lights? I cannot find those on the GM accessories website for any vehicle. I do see them on ebay but am always a little leery about stuff from ebay

Last edited:

Koepp2637

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did see those but when you add them to the shopping cart they say they are out of stock until the end of the year. I found out through the local gm dealership that they are currently unavailable as a separate item and are only being installed on brand new vehicles that come with the illumination package. The parts guy somehow pulled some strings and was able to get me a set ordered that he will have in hand tomorrow. They cost a tad more through the dealer but at least I'll have them sooner than later

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did see those but when you add them to the shopping cart they say they are out of stock until the end of the year. I found out through the local gm dealership that they are currently unavailable as a separate item and are only being installed on brand new vehicles that come with the illumination package. The parts guy somehow pulled some strings and was able to get me a set ordered that he will have in hand tomorrow. They cost a tad more through the dealer but at least I'll have them sooner than later
I ordered mine yesterday from https://www.oempartsource.com/oem-parts/gm-puddle-light-84408373. Hopefully I don't get an OOS calcelation in the next few days.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for the grille logo light but as for the mirror puddle/flood light……Easy……. Took me longer to read the post than to actually install

You have to pay attention to the instructions. Mine came as a kit that can contain the logo of either Cadillac, Chevy or GMC. They have a color code for not only what logo but what side. Purple/Orange for Chevy…… Easy to install. I forgot what side is which but definitely purple/orange for Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17