Icicle From Rear Door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I parked with my Yukon facing downhill, as opposed to where I normally park it in a level spot. It got below freezing last night. When I went to get in this morning, there was a huge icicle hanging from the front edge of the rear driver-side door. We've had tons of rain already this year, though not in a couple of days. I haven't noticed any leaks inside the truck. Where could this water be coming from? The only thing I can figure is inside the door cavity somewhere. Still kinda new to this truck. Is this normal? Do I need to find a steeper hill to park on and keep the doors drained?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I notice water running from the door moulding on the rear of the drivers rear door sometimes when I am parked on a slope getting fuel.

In my case it appears to just be water behind the door moulding.

Sounds like yours is quite a bit more water than mine. Mine is just a small trickle.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the inner seal off the first clip at the bottom of back doors on both sides of truck, i had a sloshing going on last summer, pulling that first clip drained it and nothing since.D1AB7416-1724-4043-98F1-0F5EA4F1E60A.jpeg 7A6D17D2-416D-42B6-876D-65E83FBEFF63.jpeg

Open back door and look right in at bottom of door, youll see what i mean.

FoghrnLeghrn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I can hear water when going over speed bumps. Just need to find time on a day it isn't raining so I can fix it!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue on these Tahoes. Rear doors like to hold water. The outer window seals are shit. Even with the drain ports all cleared out when the doors close there is so much layers of weatherstripping sometimes it holds the water in or slows it down when they are shut.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long Beach Island, New Jerky, sorry.... Jersey

I just sent out 2 truck loads of materials to a customer's site out your way last week. 19 W Janet RD, Long Beach Twp, Nj 08008

He have trucks all over Jersey every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709