I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the tips, yes, my truck has AFM, I'm not mechanically inclined in the least when it comes to vehicles, although I am very interested in learning. Computers are my specialty. From what I've researched, unless I know someone with a tuner, it will cost about 6-8 hundred dollars for the AFM delete via software. So that's going to have to wait a bit. I can get the catch can very soon, and will do that after I get the lights installed.

Send your bcm to this guy he deletes it for 50$ plus shipping
.https://www.lt1swap.com/index.htm

Look him up. He is not a chatty guy he will get annoyed. Just send him the bcm with the money and your return address and boom like majic

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

What Joe said. As for the catch can, a $20 one off Amazon is all you need. You just need two ports- one in, one out. A 1/4-turn ball valve for the drain is a a huge convenience so you don't have to disassemble the catch can to drain it. Don't forget the updated valve/rocker cover.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you now learning that the members here love to spend OPM-Other People's Money? One of my favorite past times.

Lol, right. The mods I want so far are already going to cost me a bunch, and the wife aint happy. I'm sure you guys will give me all kinds of ideas to toil over. Guess I'll have to prioritize and take it one at a time.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Halo CCFL's arrive today, this should be interesting. I'll post pics when I can.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are the LED...

View attachment 269266
(Ugh..wrong way)

So you ordered a pair up? Which ones did you get?

The wiring was easy...if I can do anyone can. ;) One thing on the Yukon is that you can only aim the low beam with the entire front clip off, so I recommend just taking the whole clip off to do the change over. That’s with the Spyder light that I have anyhow.

Hey bro, what High/Low beam bulbs are you using in your halo housing? I can't put my LED's in because they don't fit, so I have to get a different bulb. I need an H1, but I'd like the bright, led effect if possible. Looks like I can go with a 65w bulb and no more. I'm installing them today.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Joe said. As for the catch can, a $20 one off Amazon is all you need. You just need two ports- one in, one out. A 1/4-turn ball valve for the drain is a a huge convenience so you don't have to disassemble the catch can to drain it. Don't forget the updated valve/rocker cover.

Gotcha, will do

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Hey bro, what High/Low beam bulbs are you using in your halo housing? I can't put my LED's in because they don't fit, so I have to get a different bulb. I need an H1, but I'd like the bright, led effect if possible. Looks like I can go with a 65w bulb and no more. I'm installing them today.

I actually used OEM bulbs for now and just switched the housing. When mine burn out I’ll probably look for other options.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. That McMinnville air museum is out my way. Nice rig. You never mentioned where you call home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts