I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, ok, I'll take it into the dealer, we have a warranty. I don't have a code reader.

The OBD system is there to monitor driveabilty and emissions systems. Either it's coincidence or you affected one of these systems when changing bulbs. I can't think of a connection between them, though.

I'd at least stop by an auto parts store first and have them read the PCM. I don't know the terms of your warranty or how the dealership operatoes. But if the dealer finds modifications, they might be inclined to try to pin any and all issues on you modifying it and cancel your warranty. Proceed with caution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OBD system is there to monitor driveabilty and emissions systems. Either it's coincidence or you affected one of these systems when changing bulbs. I can't think of a connection between them, though.

I'd at least stop by an auto parts store first and have them read the PCM. I don't know the terms of your warranty or how the dealership operatoes. But if the dealer finds modifications, they might be inclined to try to pin any and all issues on you modifying it and cancel your warranty. Proceed with caution.

Apparently, the light is off now. Wife took it to the store and said it wasn't on.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a relatively cheap performance mod that will give me more HP? Exhaust, or Intake or both? Was looking at getting a Diablo tuner. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a relatively cheap performance mod that will give me more HP? Exhaust, or Intake or both? Was looking at getting a Diablo tuner. Any thoughts?

Please post your question in the performance section in the 2007-2014 section.

You can ask any question you have in the proper section in the 2007-2014 section.

This section is just the introduction section.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please post your question in the performance section in the 2007-2014 section.

You can ask any question you have in the proper section in the 2007-2014 section.

This section is just the introduction section.

Ok, will do.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the tips, yes, my truck has AFM, I'm not mechanically inclined in the least when it comes to vehicles, although I am very interested in learning. Computers are my specialty. From what I've researched, unless I know someone with a tuner, it will cost about 6-8 hundred dollars for the AFM delete via software. So that's going to have to wait a bit. I can get the catch can very soon, and will do that after I get the lights installed.

I missed a lot in this thread.

Yes, a full tune performed by a knowledgeable and reputable tuner will be about $500-$600, and they can disable AFM while tuning it. Or, you can send your PCM to https://lt1swap.com/afm_delete.htm and have AFM turned off for about $60. IMO, that'd be money WELL spent. As for oil consumption, get the updated rocker cover first, if yours doesn't already have it. A catch can is ~$25 on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645