I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of those wheels. I’m running some 22” replicas in satin black on my 02. They seem to hide the dirt somewhat since our roads here are constantly wet then dry and back and forth and I feel gloss would constantly look terrible. I’m not a fan of chrome but they do show all the dirt. View attachment 269888

https://www.arkonoffroad.com/buy-wh...sion=Leveling+Kit&bolt_patterns=6x5.5,6x139.7

https://images.arkonoffroad.com/web...on-lift-6in-arkon-off-road-lincoln-chrome.jpg

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of those wheels. I’m running some 22” replicas in satin black on my 02. They seem to hide the dirt somewhat since our roads here are constantly wet then dry and back and forth and I feel gloss would constantly look terrible. I’m not a fan of chrome but they do show all the dirt. View attachment 269888
Ok two more questions, what breaks are those on your tahoe? And how is the ride with air bags? Is the suspension stiff or soft? I would imagine it depends on the height. I owned a few classic muscle cars and low riders with hydraulics, 64 low rider impala style. Is the ride similar?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Ok two more questions, what breaks are those on your tahoe? And how is the ride with air bags? Is the suspension stiff or soft? I would imagine it depends on the height. I owned a few classic muscle cars and low riders with hydraulics, 64 low rider impala style. Is the ride similar?

I’ve always wanted to do a classic low rider with hydraulics and Dayton wire wheels.

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to do a classic low rider with hydraulics and Dayton wire wheels.

They are fun, but SOOOO expensive with repair costs if you mess up bouncing that thing around lol. And not good on the freeway, with all those batteries weighing down the trunk :p

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Gulf War Era

Friend of mine was a plank owner, he installed the hot tubs. I got to visit Nimitz many times in the early 1980s before she went to the Pacific. In 2005 I flew in to San Diego to see my buddy off to war and the first thing I saw on the shuttle bus to the rental car place was that glorious island with "68", something my eyes hadn't seen in almost twenty years. The fast food was called McNimitz if memory serves.

Reaction score
OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine was a plank owner, he installed the hot tubs. I got to visit Nimitz many times in the early 1980s before she went to the Pacific. In 2005 I flew in to San Diego to see my buddy off to war and the first thing I saw on the shuttle bus to the rental car place was that glorious island with "68", something my eyes hadn't seen in almost twenty years. The fast food was called McNimitz if memory serves.

Lol yes. It had hot tubs, at least 2 pools, weight rooms, bowling alley, stores, basket ball court, and on and on. And yes, McNimitz. The unofficial name of the galley/mess on deck 2 I believe it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon