I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife was out looking for a car, just to see what was out there when she stumbled on a beauty. 2007 Ukon LTZ. She called me to ask what I thought. I hadn't seen it, and was seriously about to pass thinking it was too old. She convinced me to go to the dealer and have a look, and I was SHOCKED. Not only did it look AMAZING, but the interior was like new. 1 owner before us, older couple who took great care of it. 139k miles but the engine was almost new with receipts. Took a test drive, and was hooked. The smoothest yet tightest ride I'd ever had. Also came with a nice Kenwood DDX695S, Bose speakers, tv for the kids, 2 sets of wireless headphones, NAVI, and a lot of other nice features. Bought it on the spot with a 5 year warranty, and brand new tires. I usually don't take the wife too serious when it comes to vehicles, but glad I didn't make that mistake on this one. I have speakers and amps from a previous vehicle that are barely used, including 3 12's in a custom box. Can't wait to get them installed so I can hear it THUMP. Currently looking for some affordable custom wheels and tires, so I'm open to any suggestions. I look forward to learning what I can about these vehicles from the community.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Michael!

Nice find! Just ask any questions or concerns you have on your Yukon in the 2007-2014 section.

Wife was out looking for a car, just to see what was out there when she stumbled on a beauty. 2007 Ukon LTZ. She called me to ask what I thought. I hadn't seen it, and was seriously about to pass thinking it was too old. She convinced me to go to the dealer and have a look, and I was SHOCKED. Not only did it look AMAZING, but the interior was like new. 1 owner before us, older couple who took great care of it. 139k miles but the engine was almost new with receipts. Took a test drive, and was hooked. The smoothest yet tightest ride I'd ever had. Also came with a nice Kenwood DDX695S, Bose speakers, tv for the kids, 2 sets of wireless headphones, NAVI, and a lot of other nice features. Bought it on the spot with a 5 year warranty, and brand new tires. I usually don't take the wife too serious when it comes to vehicles, but glad I didn't make that mistake on this one. I have speakers and amps from a previous vehicle that are barely used, including 3 12's in a custom box. Can't wait to get them installed so I can hear it THUMP. Currently looking for some affordable custom wheels and tires, so I'm open to any suggestions. I look forward to learning what I can about these vehicles from the community.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds nice and welcome to the forum!

But, is it a Yukon (GMC) or a Tahoe or Suburban (Chevrolet)? LTZ is a Chevrolet trim level. Let's see some pics!

As far as suggestions, wheels and tires are subjective. Mechanically, I'd suggest replacing all the fluids so you know they're fresh, unless you have documentation telling otherwise. Use synthetic oil and stick to a 5,000-mile oil change and tire rotation interval. Check your records for any service performed such as AFM (Active Fuel Management) VLOM (or LOMA), AFM lifters, relief valve deflector in oil pan, or driver's side rocker (valve) cover. Or, if the engine was replaced with a new GM crate, it should have these updates already. Keep clean, quality oil in it and don't abuse it and it very well may have another 200K+ left in it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop